Roses

START LEAVING COMMENTS PLEASE

"Hey Chanel!" I hear a voice yell out from behind me. I turn around to see my cousin Lauren approaching me.

"Wassup?" I asked raising an eyebrow at her.

"Wanna give me a ride back to my house?" She asks with a big smile, trying to convince me. "Not really but c'mon ion got nothing else to do" I reply and continued to walk to my car. I grabbed my keys out my bag and unlocked the door before climbing into the car. I set my stuff down in the backseat then buckled my seatbelt. Out of nowhere, it started to rain outside.

"I got a 15-page essay to write" Lauren says with a sigh.

"Yikes" I reply "Sucks to be you right now" I chuckle driving out the parking lot. My phone began to ring and I glanced over to see who it was but I couldn't look that long cause I had to turn my attention back to the rode.

"Who is that?" I ask her as I pulled into the intersection.

"Uhhh,"She reaches over for the phone to see who it was "Xavier" I just roll my eyes "Answer it?"

"Nah let it go to voicemail" I tell her rolling my eyes. It's been a couple of days since I got that call and I hadn't talked to Xavier since.

"You sure?" She questions and I nod my head yes.

"Who's Xavier?" She asks me with a smirk.

"No one important" I reply with a little chuckle focusing on the road.

"Mmh lemme find out you got a lil boyfriend now and I ain't telling nobody"

"Trust me I don't"

I drop her off right outside her house then proceeded to head home. As I continued to drive the rain started pouring down. My phone began to ring again, I just turned up the radio so I couldn't hear it. I rapped along with Ski Mask The Slump God as I pulled into my driveway. I unbuckled my seatbelt and reached into the back seat grabbing my bag Macbook and bag.

I dreaded this run to my front door. I opened my car door and made a run for it. I walked up the little four steps to my porch. There were flowers sitting on my porch. I bent down to grab them and unlocked the door walking inside.

I kicked off my shoes and sat my bag and Macbook down on the couch. I walked into the kitchen and began to look at the bouquet of red roses in my hand. There was a card, I grabbed it and read it,

Hope you like flowers. I'm back in town, call me -X :)

A little smile appeared on my face. He went out of his way to do this, it's the little things that count. I unlocked my phone and decided to call him back. I held the phone up to my ear and walked over to my fridge.

"Hello" Xavier says when he answers the phone.

"Hey" I reply looking in the fridge for something to eat.

"Wassup Ma, whatchu doing?"

"Nothing just walked into the house. Thanks for the roses, they're really pretty. "

"Like you"

"Boy move around with that head ass shit" I say and we both laugh.

"I miss you, whatchu been up to?"

"Work, that's it really" I opened the freezer still looking for something to eat.

"You tryna go get some food?"