Hate That I Love You

"For all my ladies if you tired of his mess, losing weight falling off feeling stress

"For all my ladies if you tired of his mess, losing weight falling off feeling stress. Slide with a rich nigga now you blessed!" I rapped loudly in the car. The windows were up, the music was blasting and the heat was blowing softly onto my face.

It had been about two weeks since Xavier and I broke up. I hadn't seen nor spoken to him. I blocked him almost instantly on everything. For the first couple of days I was in a slump. I never left the house, I didn't eat, I didn't shower, I didn't get out the bed.

As time passed I realized who the fuck I was and bossed up. I couldn't keep walking around being a sad bitch. I just couldn't allow a nigga be the reason I'm not happy.

I pulled into the garage and got out the car. I grabbed my duffle bag out the back seat and walked over to the door then walked inside the house.

I went upstairs to my bedroom and walked straight into the bathroom. I needed a shower after the gym. My body was drenched in sweat and my legs were sore. I quickly drew a bath pouring epson salt into the water before stepping inside.

I turned on Love of My Life by Brian McKnight and then laid back and relaxed. I sang loudly and off key but I had no care in the world. Nothing better than a nice hot bath on a friday night to get your weekend started. The song then changed to This Woman's Work and continued singing.

I could hear the doorbell ring but I just ignored it I was in my zone. It rang again, and I groaned. I grabbed a towel, wrapped it around my body and ran out the room. My wet, soapy feet were just leaving footprints on my carpet.

I stood on my tip toes to look through the peephole. It was Zay. A confused look appeared on my face as I opened the door.

"Ummm hi" I greet.

"Dang you got naked for me that quick?" Zay jokes and I just chuckle rolling my eyes.

"Wassup?"

"Judy told me you was single so I had to pull up on you. You tryna go get something to eat?" Zay asks. I nod my head. I'm not the type to turn down free food, I love eating. "Come in let me get dressed right quick" I allow him inside before I close and locked the door.

The doorbell rang again and now I was definitely confused. I don't get visitors so I had no idea who it could be. I opened the door again and it was Xavier.

"Hey" I realized I only had this towel around me and Zay was sitting on the couch so this looked bad. Real bad.

"The fuck is this?" Xavier asks looking past me at Zay. I close the door leaving only a small crack. "What do you want?"