Coming Home

I couldn't even cry no matter how many sad songs continued to play. I was just full of too many emotions. I got up and went downstairs. I put on my jean jacket and put back on my timberlands boots before leaving out.

Not being with Xavier is something I never pictured. This is why I hate opening up, because you never know when the other person will just decide to walk away from the relationship. I feel like maybe this would've been easier to deal with if I didn't just miscarry two weeks ago.

I lost his baby and now him.

I got in the car and drove off. I kept driving and driving until I made it to my parents house. It was dark as hell and almost 10 o'clock. I got out the car and walked up to the front door and just rang the doorbell. The door opened and it was CJ. His face had completely healed, everything looked normal.

"Is dad home?" I ask inviting myself inside the house .

"Yeah he's in his room. What's wrong?" He questions raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing" I say shaking my head. I walked upstairs and down that long never ending hallway and knocked on the door.

"Come in" I hear my mom's voice say. I turned the knob and walked in. They were both cuddled up on the bed watching tv.

Sorry to cockblock.

"Chanel?" My dad says looking at me confused sitting up. "What's wrong?"

I didn't say anything I just walked over to him and hugged him tightly then began to cry on his shoulders. He just rubbed my back and held me close to him. I felt like a big ass kid crying on my daddy's shoulder but I didn't care, I just needed to be held.

"Honey what's wrong?" My mom asks me. "I-I had a miscarriage" I cried out. I felt another pair of arms wrap around me. Neither one of them said anything they just continued to comfort me.

I just loved how they didn't pressure me to talk right now while I was crying, they just allowed me to get it all out first. Once I finally calmed down I wiped my face and sighed.

"When?" My mom asks.

"Two weeks ago" I reply still sniffling. "Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"I've just been so depressed and stressed I haven't talked to anyone but X about it. I haven't even left the house until today."

"Xavier was the dad?" My dad questions and I nod my head. I wanted to tell them that we weren't together anymore but right now definitely wasn't the right time.

"Maybe the timing wasn't right for you two. Everything happens for a reason,"  My dad tells me pulling me into a hug once more. "You'll have a baby when the time is right. You're still young, you gotta live life for yourself first"

"I'm gonna go get the guest bedroom situated for you. You aren't going home tonight" My mom says standing up from the bed. Once she left out my dad just looked at me.

"What else aren't you telling me?" He questioned.

"Huh?" I asked confused raising an eyebrow.

"I can tell you wanna say more. Whatchu gotta say?"

"Nothing" I shake my head.

"Chanel"

"I lost my job" I tell him fiddling my thumbs.  He just sighed and hugged me again "You'll be fine, I gotchu until you get back on your feet don't worry" He tells me kissing my forehead. I just laid my head on his shoulder and we just sat there in silence.

My mom comes back in the room "CJ left some shorts and a shirt on the bed in the guest room for you to sleep in"

I nod my head and stand up from the bed. "Thank you. I really appreciate it.