Chapter 6: The Drama Class

I honestly felt like the universe hated me!

Or,

My fate was testing me.

Why you may ask?

Because, the person who was sitting a desk away form me was that asshole! Honestly, I had no idea that the bad boy was with me in my drama class.

On top of that, he kept looking at me as if he wanted to tell me something. Obviously, I didn't wanted to listen to him but couldn't he at least stop glaring at me like a creep?

It looked weird and not to mention, he had a huge fan girls who were also glaring at me as if I had snapped away their prince charming from them.

I sighed and focused on my notobook where I was taking notes.

"Alright students, this year we are going to do the same thing as we do every year," the drama teacher, Ms. Henry said.

We looked at her.

"Every year, we choose a Shakespeare play and practice it in class. The practice is your 50% of the final mark which is consider as your class perfomance," Ms. Henry explained. "And the other 50% comes from your stage performance that we play in front of the whole school."

I was confused. I looked at Emily and said, "We have to perform in front of everybody?"

She nodded. "Last year, it was Tempest and the year before that, it was Twelfth Night," she explained. "We do that every year in this school in the School's Annual Stange Show."

I nodded. Performing in front of the whole school?

It wasn't definently something I would enjoy. I mean, I wasn't confident enough.

Like what would happen if I slipped on the stange by mistake or like I stumbled on my shoes and fell on the stange.

It would be humiliating.

I hoped that I get the back stage work. No more humiliation then.

"For the past 2 years, we have done Shakespeare comedy plays so this year, we want to focus on Shakespeare tragedy plays," she explained. "So this year, we are going to do a well known play that is known for it's romance and grieful tragedy."

We were all looking at her, excited to know the name of the play.

She took a marker and wrote the name of the play on the board. "It's Romeo and Juliet!"

Some students cheered and some sighed in disappointment.

It was a popular play, alright. Everybody knew about it so it wasn't like a big surprise to the audience.

"Now, now, students," Ms. Henry said. "I get it that some students are disappointed but it is a lot more difficult to memorize the play lines and performing. Plus, it is a great play. The audiences are going to love the romance and tragedy of the play."

I sighed.

"I hate tragedy," Emily sighed. "Last year was way more fun."

I looked at her. "Were you a part of the stange show last year?"

She smiled. "I was, but I was chosen as the protagonist's father so you know, I had to dress like a guy in Tempest and put a beard on my chin," she said. "Honestly, it was the worst humiliation ever! I was practicing it at home wearing the beard and wig and my twin brother took my photo and framed it on the wall."

I threw my head back and laughed.

"It's not funny," she snorted, crossing her arms on her chest. "My whole family made fun of me. Oh, and my mom posted the photo in Instagram and dad posted the photo in snapchat! It was embarassing and it all happened because of my twin stupid brother."

I couldn't stop laughing. I put my arms around my stomach and kept laughing. It was hard to be not loud because it was darn funny.

Emily with a bread?

I wish I could have met her last year. Then I could have seen her like that.

I kept laughing and suddenly my eyes fell on the next bench where the bad boy was sitting. I looked at him and noticed him looking at me. His eyes were looking at me in amusement and it seamed like he was watching me for a few good minutes.

Feeling awkward, I stopped laughing and sat properly on the seat.

"I am going to handout all the Romeo and Juliet books to all students now," Ms. Henry said. "All the students are now going to look through the book and choose their favourite quotes. I will be doing an audition in a few minutes and assign you your roles for the play depending on your audition results."

Ms. Henry began to hand out the books.

"This year is going to be like last years too, I guess," Emily sighed.

I looked at her confusingly. "What do you mean?"

"Last year, Omar got the lead role in the play," she explained.

"That asshole?" I asked.

She laughed. "He is a totally different person when he is on the stage. Not only in stage, he is usually good academically as well."

I frowned.

That was unexpected.

"Omar got good looks," she took out her fingers. "Good grades, good acting skills, rich and a total jerk. That's why half of school girls always chases after him."

I lift my eyebrow. "That popular, huh?"

"Yeap," she sighed. "Well, let's see who gets the female lead role. I am sure whoever gets that will be the luckiest girl in the highschool."

Or maybe the unluckiest.

Afterall, he was a jerk.

And a total asshole.

I honestly would fell sorry for the girl who would get Omar as her partner.