Chapter 37: The Date?

I was walking towards the cafeteria when my phone rang.

I took out my phone and noticed it was mom. I tap on the reciever button and began to talk.

"Assalamualikum, mom," I said.

"Walikum Assalam, sweetie. How are you?" mom asked.

"I am good, mom. How are you?" I asked in the phone as I walked towards the cafeteria.

"I am good, honey. I wanted to ask you. Is Omar with you, love?" She asked.

"No, mom. He left the class when the bell rang for the lunch break. Why?" I asked as I was walking towards the cafeteria and entered the cafeteria.

I saw Emily at the end of the cafeteria and saw her waving her hand at me. I nodded and began to walk that way.

"Actually, Bilal asked Omar in the phone to look over some files in his office. So, I just wanted to ask if he had lunch before he left for office," she said.

I went to the table where Emily was sitting on and sat across her. "No mom, I am not sure if Omar had lunch before he left for office . . ."

I saw Emily signalling me to give her the phone. I gave her the phone and Emily talked in the phone.

"Assalamualikum mom! . . . Yeah, I saw Omar, mom. I texted him about lunch but he was in a rush so he didn't eat. . . Oh, so . . . Okay, mom. No worries. Allah Hafiz," Emily said and ended the phone call.

She sighed.

I out my bag beside me and looked at her. "What's wrong?" I asked.

She sighed again. "That idiot! One day he will get serious stomach problem. He didn't eat his lunch. He just went to office to do some work."

I nodded. I felt bad for Omar. It was a regular thing. Omar was the heir of the company and he had spare after lunch so he often went to the company to work and help dad. It was a good thing but he always neglected his health.

Such a workaholic!

Who could tell Mr. Bad Boy had a workaholic side?

Emily looked at my hands where I was holding the wonderland tickets. She looked at me, excitedly.

"What's this?" She asked as she pulled out the tickets from my hand.

She didn't even let me answer.

"Wow! You have two tickets of the wonderland!" She said, excitedly.

I nodded and smiled. "Yes, you want to go?"

She nodded, excitedly. "Actually, all my life, I was hospitalized. So, I never got chance to go to amusement park or wonderland. I so want to go!!!"

I laughed. "Alright then," I smiled. "You can take the tickets."

She laughed but then stopped. "Wait, I can't be this selfish," she said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Huh?"

"Even that jerk never went to wonderland because he works all the time," she said.