Chapter 42: Dancing in the Rain

I wanted to kick this stupid husband of mine because of his idiotic ideas!

Who the heck told him to bring his bike?! And why I was so pissed you may ask? Well, first of all, I was freaking scared of ridding bikes!

And second of all, IT WAS FREAKING RAINING RIGHT NOW!

Like all of a sudden, out of blue, it began to rain. It was pissing me off.

The whole road was empty because it was night time and Omar wanted to take a short cut so that there won't be any traffic and now because of his stupid bike, we had to take a shelter so that we could save ourselves from getting wet.

Don't get me wrong. I did like rain but I didn't wanted to get my dress wet. I mean, Emily got this dress for me and I didn't wanted to ruin it.

Pressing a loud horn, Omar parked the bike on the shed of a tree.

I took off my helmet and so did Omar. My hair was more sticky now because my hair was stuck inside the helmet for hours and it felt more annoying with having my hair all sticky and stingy.

Omar sighed as we got off the bike and Omar parked the bike under the tree.

"I can't believe it had to rain right now! That too in this hour," Omar sighed as he leaned on the tree.

I frowned and looked at him angrily.

"Don't look so angry now. I didn't know that it is going to rain," Omar said as he touched his face. "I should be angrier at you. My whole face is so sticky."

I groaned. "Everybody must be waiting for us at home."

Omar sighed. "I have some files to look at as well."

I turned to Omar and watched him holding his hands out of the tree shade to get some water on his hand. I watched Omar how he took the water and threw it against his face to clean the stickiness on his face.

As Omar washed his face, I kept watching Omar. It was a sight to see.

I could feel my heart began to pound heavily as I watched Omar. I watched how the water ran down his face and to his face, taming his hair smoothly, making his face look like some model was posing for a photo shoot.

Omar looked so handso- . . . Nevemind . . . N-n-ice . . .

I felt my cheeks turning red as such thought ran across my brain. I turned around and slapped my cheeks to try to calm down my heart race.

'Calm down, Yumna!' I repeated like a mantra in my heart as I tried to calm my heart beats.

I shouldn't be feeling like this, should I?

I shook my head and tried to shake off such thoughts about Omar from my head.

My fingers ran down my hair as I felt the stickiness. It was annoying and having Omar alone, under the same tree as me, was not helping in stopping my heart race.

I looked at the rain and then to my dress. I wanted to get wet in the rain and clean whatever nonsense was going in my brain. So, without a care about my outfit, I ran out of the tree shade and began to get wet in the rain.

I felt the cold water running down my hair and then to my face. I laughed as I began to twirl around and began to jump on the rain. I never knew getting wet in the rain was this fun.

I began to jump more and laughed as I began to splash water around. Back when I used to live with uncle, he never let me stay out of the house and to get wet in the rain but today, as I was dancing freely on the empty raining street, it felt like I was like a free bird, spreading my wings as I danced.