Chapter 52: A Kiss for a Promise

Omar's POV

I sighed as I finished looking at the last file for the marketing presentation. I took my phone that was on the table and noticed several phone calls from mom, dad, Emily and even Yumna.

Strange?

She never phone called me after I refused to tell her about grandma and her parents. It was for her own safety and I didn't wanted to remember all the incident from the past because it was too painful to remember that. However, what strange was that it had been around a week since she stopped phone calling me then why so suddenly?

I looked at the clock and it was at night 8:00 PM. I got off the chair and walked near the window and as I looked outside, I saw that it was raining. And it wasn't regular rain. It was freezing ice rain. I looked at the trees and noticed how each branch was filled with ices.

Was that's the reason mom and dad phone called me to let me know about the bad weather?

I took my phone and phone called them again but nobody picked it. I sighed. I would just have to talk to them when I go home.

I took my jacket and wore it on top of me. Then I began to walk out of my cabinet and noticed that some employees were working still and some left. Usually, dad stayed for longer time in the office until all the employees left for home. But today, dad left office early that too without telling me?

Weird.

I walked down the stairs of the office and as I was going to exit the office, the security guard stopped me.

"Hello Mr. Chatti," the security guard said.

I looked at the security guard and nodded. "Hello James," I said.

"Mr. Chatti, your dad told me to let you know that he left for work to go out with Mrs. Chatti and his daughter, Emily, to attend a small home party with their family friends," he said.

I nodded. "But, why didn't he said that to me?"

"Your dad tried but you were busy with work so he didn't knock on your cabin to disturb you," the security guard said.

I nodded back. "That's fine. Thanks for letting me know."

The security guard nodded. "Take care, Mr. Chatti."

"You too," I said as I began to walk towards the parking lot.

I went to the parking lot and got on the car and began to drive home. The whole road was icy and slippery. It was hard to drive. I reached the parking lot of our house around 10:00 PM. I parked my car there and walked towards the house door. Reaching to the house door, I took out the keys and opened the door.

The whole house was dark and felt cold.

Strange.

The heater should be on at least.

I closed the door behind and began to walk towards the stairs case when I noticed somebody sitting on the stair case.

I couldn't even see the face of the person who was seating on the stair case.

"O-o-mar," I heard a muffling voice.

That voice . . .

It was Yumna's.

I leaned down the stairs case and turned on the phone's torch and saw Yumna sitting on the staircase, looking scared and she had tears on her face.

I reached my hand out to touch her face as she looked scared. Instead, she threw her arms around my neck and began to sob.

It broke my heart to see her like this. Patting her back, I heard her sobbing louder.