Chapter 46: Sharing Past

I felt a little tap on my cheeks as I opened my eyes. I looked at the person beside me and smiled.

"Hey there, sleepy head," I heard Omar chuckling as he pulled away the blanket from me.

I yawned as I rubbed my eyes. "What time is it?" I asked.

I fell asleep again when Omar went out to make food but I had a nice nap.

"It's 9:00 P.M."

My eyes shot open in shock. "It's what?!" I yelled as I pushed put of the bed to seat but felt my head spinning suddenly. My body was weak and before I could collapse down, I felt Omar's strong hands going around my waist and holding me on his arms.

I looked at Omar and noticed how worried he looked. "This is why you should at least eat something," he sighed as he held me near his chest, steadying me by his arms so that I don't fall out of balance.

I didn't had the strength to seat by myself.

Omar held me close to his chest as I noticed him pulling out a pillow and putting it against the bed hardboard. Then he made my head rested on the pillow as his took his hands away from me.

I looked at Omar. "Why didn't you wake me earlier?"

"You think I didn't try?" He asked as he took the soup bowl from the table beside the bed and moved the spoon on the bowl. "I tried waking you up several times, but you kept on sleeping. Mom, dad, and even Emily came to wake you but you were sleeping and didn't wake up and now that you are wake, your body is weak and you are burning in fever."

I sighed as I leaned on the pillow and rubbed my eyes.

"Here," Omar said as I looked at him. My eyes wided as he held a spoon full of corn soup near my mouth. "Open you mouth, Nerdypoo."

To be honest, I didn't wanted to eat it because I didn't had the appetite but Omar was looking angry and worried. I knew for a fact that if I didn't listen to him now, he would make a huge deal out of it.

I slowly opened my mouth as Omar slip the spoon in my mouth. The warm soup slide down my toungue as I tasted the delicious meal.

"Wow," I said as he pulled out the spoon. "This is good."

Omar smiled as he fed me another spoon. "I am glad. Grandma taught me this -"

I noticed him pausing as he suddenly said his grandma's name. I could see hurt filled in his eyes as he shook his head.

I remembered how Omar's grandma passed away. I looked at Omar and noticed him taking a deep breath and then looking at me, trying his best to act normal.

He took another spoon and fed me.

"Omar, you okay?" I asked him.

Omar nodded and smiled, fakely. Maybe he didn't wanted to share what was going in his mind, but I could see that behind the fake smile, there were hurt and guilt.

I didn't like this attitude of Omar. For a few days, I felt like Omar was finally opening up to me and showing what was behind his emotionless face, but he was doing that again. He was again shutting his feelings away from me.

Omar fed me a few more spoons of soups and then as he was about to fed me the last spoon of soup, I stopped him.

Omar looked at me, confusingly. He put the bown and the spoon away and was about to touch my forehead to check my temperature when I held his hand.

"Omar," I said as I looked at him. He was sitting close to me. I held his hand as I looked at him. "Tell me what you are thinking."

Omar shook his head and then pulled his hand away from me. "It's nothing-"

"Stop saying it is nothing when it is something, Omar," I said.

Omar looked at me as I moved my body, and then to my surprise, I did something that I never thought I would do.

I pushed my body a little towards Omar and then wrapped his arms around his back and hugged him, tight.

I couldn't sence Omar was in shock. He didn't hug me back.

I didn't know what I was doing but all I wanted was Omar to open up to me. I wanted to share his pain. I wanted to know why he always blocked out all his emotions from me.

So, I hugged him tight, holding his close to my heart.

"Omar, I am not strong like you," I whispered as I pulled away from the hug and looked at him. I used my hands and cupped his cheeks.

I looked at Omar's hazel eyes. His eyes were filled with guilt and sadness. I noticed how his eyes were watery.

Seeing him holding so much pain all by himself, I felt like as if my heart was going to rip apart. My eyes became watery and I felt a tear slide down my eyes.

"Omar, I am not strong enough to fight by your side. I not even strong enough to hid my fears," I whisper as my tear rolled down my eyes as I moved his hair at a side. "But, it hurts me to see you all the time carrying a burden of guilt and sadness in your heart."

I felt Omar looking at me as his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Omar, I am not asking you to open you heart to me all at once," I said leaning closer to his face. "But, I hate seeing you like this. So, please stop destroying what is left in your heart by constantly thinking about your past."

Omar's hold tightened around my waist as I saw him, for the first time, in tears. A tear slide down his eyes s my nose touched his.

"Let's me atleast protect your heart," I whispered as he pulled me on his chest and hugged me tight.

I embraced Omar as I felt him hugging me securely. His face buried on my neck as I felt his wet tears.

"I don't want you to hate me," he whispered as his voice cracked.

"I can never hate you, Omar," I whisper.

I could never hate the person who I loved.

It was breaking my heart to see him like this.

"My grandma . . ." I heard him whispered.

"Her accident was sad-"

"It wasn't an accident," he answered. "It was a murder and it happened all because of me."