Chapter 1// A phone call

Mena's P.O.V (point of view)

Foot steps echoed through the hallway of the jail as the guards neared my cell. Calls came from surrounding cells begging to be released but, like always, the guards just ignored them until they got to my cell.

One of the guards put a key in the lock and pulled open the rusted metal door. The second guard cautiously stepped in and I locking eyes with him, pulling my long blonde hair with magenta dyed tips into a pony tail.

"Lunch time, Mena" The guard beside me insisted.

I stood up and tightened my pony tail so it was secure for what's next. See, there are three steps to getting out of this shitty run-down jail.

Step one; Act compliment
Step two; fight hard
And most important
Step three; Run like hell

So to follow step one I walked past the guards and down the hall slowly with the two guards staying close behind me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the guard on the right sigh a breath of relief probably thinking I wasn't going to start anything with him today, but boy was he wrong!

When step two came around I stopped and bent down pretending to pick something up. The guards stopped with me trying to see what I was doing but before they could I spun around and kicked the left guards junk so hard he fell to the ground, groaning in pain. Just as I went to make a move an the other guard he held up a taser his finger dangerously close to the trigger.

"Wait!...don't!" I begged. Getting tasered sucked ass. Not wanting any contact with the gun I backed up a little raising my arms in surrender....or so he thought.

The guard on the floor struggled to sit up as the other guard took a step closer still holding up the taser in his defense.

Suddenly I kick the taser out of his hand and punched him square in the jaw then grabbed the gun off the floor. As I pointed it at the guard who i had previously kicked I smiled, loving the excitement.

"Don't do it-" The guard ordered a little to late. Then I took step three into consideration as the guard I punched a second ago was standing up.

I could've tased him but that's no fun. I always liked a good chase before I run out of this place for what seems the hundredth time. So I ran so fast I could feel my heart pounding against my ribcage and the blood pulsing through my veins.

I edged around the corner to the where the exit was only to be hit by the butt of another guards gun. The impact sent me slamming to the ground, a sharp intense pain stinging my brain while my vision grew blurry and soon all i saw was darkness
============================
Not really sure how long I had been asleep but when I woke up I had handcuffs on. The closest thing to a straight jacket since this city was so tiny and poor.

I used to live in Sydney with my mom, dad, and twin brother before I was forced to live with my aunt in this small town of Lynia in southern Australia. After a couple months of being locked up in that house with her and something in me festered enough to where I would sneak out every night, going to parties, stealing, hanging out with the trouble makers. One thing and to another and once I hit 18 it wasn't too long until I ended up in here. The hell hole where I'll be celebrating my 20th birthday soon.

But I was used to it. I knew almost every guard, inmate, and janitor that worked here. So every guard that had to deal with me always either carries a gun, or taser and only because i was always trying to escape, but who can blame me? The food sucks, if you touch the bars in your cell you're most likely to get tetnis, and nothing new or exciting ever happens. That is, until I got a call that night.

This time I didnt try to get away from the guards as they took me to the phone booths because no one ever calls me, ever! Which is why I was practically running to get there.