Chapter 3//Familiar faces

Mena's P.O.V

I almost flung out of my chair when he said that. Excitement and adrenaline pulsed wildly throughout my entire body.

I was finally getting out of here!

It was finally over. All of it, and like I said earlier, when I was sent away to my aunts our parents told Michael it was because of my therapy needs since I have severe depression and anxiety. I used to cut to relieve the pain of always being second-best, every ones second choice, never being good enough for anyone. I felt hated by my family and I was.

So instead of getting my the help I needed they sent me to my aunts to get away from everything for a while. But after so long of being shut up in that house with her I started getting back into my old routine of sneaking out and hanging out with the really bad kids in town. All of it leading to me being sent to Aerohead where juvenile teenagers were sent to be set straight in their ways and to live without getting in trouble.

As soon as I got out of Aerohead i turned 18 and if caused any major trouble I would be thrown in jail and soon enough I was. Now, one year later and I was being bailed out by Mikey and it was amazing.

"You're joking right?" My Aussie accent just as thick as his.

Michael raised an eyebrow, smirked and shook his head. "Nope I already signed the papers."

He then held up my old Kurt Cobain t-shirt and cut off Jean shorts. I grinned, I missed him so much.
=======//Michael's P.O.V========

Mena's hair blew around as we drove back to back to our hotel in Melbourne. I didnt know how she would like the boys. Man, I used to know everything about her. But now she was 19 and all grown up it seemed. I really hated hiding her from the boys and the fans for so long, but it's what mom had me doing for so long it was just a habit to lie about being an only child. The habit of hiding such huge part of my life, lying to everyone about who I am.

Luke met Mena when he came over one time but I convinced him she was just a cousin whenever he came over. Hopefully he forgot.

I looked over at Mena who was in awe of our 5 start hotel we had. Then she turned to me rubbing her hands up and down her thighs. She looked nervous, like really nervous.

"Mena, you'll be fine. If the boys can put up with me what makes you think they can't handle you?"

Mena gazed out in front of her looking deep in thought, but then she smiled and the light returned to her eyes.

"But now they have to deal with both of us." She laughed.

"Double the pizza!" I took the key from the ignition and walked around to the trunk of the rental car to get her suitcase of newly bought clothes I got for her while she was on tour with us.

She also got out and grabbed the suitcase with another uneasy smile.

As we made our way down the hallway to my hotel room, she started walking slower and slower. Until she was to a full stop.

I turned around and frowned. "What are you doing?"

"I, I can't- I can't do this." She let go of the suitcase and turned running back down the hallway but ran into three large boys, I knew all too well.

~ Mena's P.O.V~

I slammed right into someone a lot bigger than me making me stumble back a little.

"Woah! Easy there, where are you going in such a hurry?"

A deep voice with a similar accent to me asked making me look up to see three tall guys. A blonde haired guy, dirty blonde haired guy, and a dark haired guy. All with swimming trunks on, soaking wet hair, and towel around their necks.

"No where that involves you!" I snapped pushing past them.

"Mena, stop!" Michael shouted from behind me, but I kept walking until i heard that same deep voice again.

"Mena? Wait, you know her?"

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned. "Shit..." I muttered. Those boys I just collided with were the infamous Calum, Luke, and Ashton.

"What's going on? Who is she?" The blonde asked turning back to me. Then it hit me, that was the kid Mikey hated his freshman year but then ended up being best friends and he kept coming over all the time. But now he was....hot, like super hot, but right now that wasn't important. That was Luke fucking Hemmings.

"I'm uh-" I trailed off and Michael sighed.

"Shes my sister. Mena Clifford." Michael said.

"Michael, you're an only child now stop being an idiot and tell us who she is." The dirty blonde looked me up and down and some unusual light appeared in his eyes. Then his gaze fell upon my exposed scarred arms and he bit his lip turning back to my brother.

My self-harm scars were still super visible even after I got a sleeve of tattoos to cover them up since my left arm was the worst.

The Luke looked at me and his whole face lit up.

"You're the girl that was always at Mikey's house whe I came over. But he told me you were just his cousin!" Luke's eyes went wide in acknowledgement.

"I mean she does look exactly like him..." Luke continued.

I stood there watching the boys as they exchanged looks. Michael wearing a worried expression. I just hoped they take it well.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" The dark haired guy asked. "How long have you been keeping her hidden away from everyone?"

"Six years." Michael stated quietly.

"Six fucking years!" The dark haired guy turned to me and all I could do was stare at his olive toned skin, muscular arms that were inked with tattoos. "Why wouldn't you tell us something like that?!"

Then a woman and her three kids walked past, giving us a weird look as they went into their room.

"Let's go back to my room." Michael suggested rolling my suitcase into his room where Calum, Ashton, and Luke sat on the edge of the bed facing Michael who was standing in front of them. As for me I sat on the couch in the corner of the room, watching intently.

"I didnt tell you guys because our parents forced me to believe she was an embarrassment to our family and was never to be talked about. She was always getting in trouble, and had severe depression. So when I told them that Luke and I were going to start a band they saw Mena as a threat to my whole future my whole career." Michael looked over at me giving me a small smile.

But it faded quickly when he turned back to the boys. "It sucked so bad not telling you guys for so long. I just hope you guys understand and forgive me."

The dark haired boy huffed out of the room slamming the door behind him and Luke stood up.

"I understand, Mike. I'll go talk to him." Luke said walking out of the room. Leaving just me, the dirty blonde, and Mikey.

"I mean I can't go anywhere since we're sharing a room." The dirty blond laughed standing up and turning to me, with an amazing dimply smile that almost made me faint. "I'm Ashton by the way."

He winked slyly so my brother couldnt see, making my cheeks grow hot immediately, and once Ashton left to go check on Calum and Luke, Michael turned to me again.

"That went better than expected!" He cheered.

I would've cheered with him but I was still stuck on Ashton. The way he looked at my scars, the way his eyes lit up when he saw me, and when he winked at me. I mean he's really really attractive, but there was also something about him and his body language that just makes me want to talk to him even more.

"Hey, you alright?" Michael asked waving a hand in front of my face.

I laughed softly and pulled him into a hug. "Its just been awhile since I've been this happy."

It was true. I was happy the boys liked me. Well, two out of the three anyway. Maybe I should talk to Calum tomorrow...but for right now I'm just happy about being out of Lynia and back with Michael again.