Chapter 14//Broken Love

Ashton's P.O.V

My eyes widened. Mena was finally mine! She loved me and I couldn't be happier than I was right now, with her arms wrapped around me.

To cherish the moment, I pressed my lips against hers, putting one hand on her waist and the other on the back of her neck, bringing her closer to me.

When I pulled away slowly to catch my breath, I smiled. "Mena, will you be my girlfriend?"

She smiled and pecked my lips. "Absolutely!"

Calum's P.O.V

Later that night I went over to Michael's house after texting Mena to see if she wanted me over.

I knocked on the door a couple times until Ashton answered the door...I thought he would've been gone by now.

I walked into the living room behind Ashton to see Mena, Michael, and Crystal all sitting on the couch watching Captain America: Civil War.

"Hey, Cal!" Crystal smiled as Ash sat down snuggling in close to Mena.

"Uh, hey." I gave her a quick smile and she stood up quickly, tugging Michael up with her.

"Let's go get the pizza." She said walking over to the kitchen, snatching her keys.

"Why am I being forced out of my own home?" Michaem complained following Crystal out of the door.

Mena laughed, sitting up more. For someone who had recently been punched, in the hospital, and crying not too long ago she seemed happy. I loved seeing her happy don't get me wrong but there was something about her that I just didn't get. She had a certain glow to her I hadn't seen before.

"I didn't mean to interrupt anything. I'll go then-"

"No wait." Mena stopped me before I could even finish. "I have something to tell you."

My heart sped up and I bit my lip.

Was she going to tell me she loves me?

That we can move in together, sleep in the same bed, and have random pillow fights?

Were we gonna be the cutest couple in L.A or what?

She looked down at her hands. "Ashton and I are together now." She said.

Someone please shoot me

"What?" I asked quietly not believing what I had just heard.

"Calum, I love you so much. But I opened up to Ashton so easily almost the day after we met and I could just feel he was the one, even thought it took me so long to realize it. But Cal, this doesn't mean I won't hang out with you, cuddle with you, or be there when you need me. I'm still the same Mena, and this has nothing to do with last night." She explained as my heart sank to the floor.

I loved her too much to watch her be someone else's. But I want her to have nothing but happiness. So I when I saw that new glow about her, I guess it was from Ashton. I know he will treat her well but I still hated how she wasn't mine.

I nod slowly, "I completely understand. Can I just talk to Ash for a second?" I asked and she fidgeted nervously knowing that the last time Ash and I spoke he punched me.

Ashton put a reassuring, large hand on her thigh and lead me to the sun room where a huge bay window showed the city with a beautiful sunset lowering behind it.

"Cal, please don't be mad about this. Y'know I love her can you just accept that? I don't want this to ruin our friendship. I can't lose you man. I love you too much for our friendship to be destroyed like this." Ashton shoved his hands into his pockets and looked at me with hope in his eyes.