Chapter 5//Late night swimming

Mena's P.O.V

I took my bags to Calum's room while Michael scolded me for agreeing to do any of this. But he calmed down once the pizza arrived to our room and we all played FIFA.

Once Calum, Luke, and I got settled into our room Luke agreed to sleep on the couch so I could sleep on his bed.

Calum dozed off at around 11 after many endless rounds of FIFA with Luke.

11:30

12:00

12:30

1:00...finally!

I swung  my legs over the side of the bed, slowly trying to be as quiet as possible. I walked over to the mirror throwing my hair into a messy bun then changed from my sweat pants to athletic shorts and a tank top. Knowing it was most likely hotter than balls down there.

After swiping Calum's room key from the nightstand and headed down to the pool area outside.

When I got there I spotted Ash sitting in a lounge chair looking over the pool.

Damn! It was actually a lot chillier than I had expected. So by the time I got over to him I was shivering.

Quietly, I sat down in the lounge chair next to Ash's. Leaning over, I put my elbows on my knees propping me up as I gazed at the calm pool water.

"So, you're really Michael's sister huh?" Ashton said his eyes still fixed on the water.

I sighed, "Unfortunately."

Ashton chuckled softly then it grew quiet again before he spoke up again.

"So exactly what happened?"

"Michael and I were close. We helped eachother through everything. We were constantly together until he started hanging out with Luke. We grew apart. I started cutting to relieve all my pain since I couldn't vent to Mikey anymore. So when Michael told our family about his band our parents saw it best to send me away because of my criminal record and therapy needs. Soon after getting out of I was sent to Aerohead I ended up in jail." I explained.

I looked over to see Ashton watching me intently like my words were water and he was drinking it all up.

He started taking off the bracelets that were bunched up on his left wrist, revealing 2 inch cuts on it. His eyes met mine and we just stayed like that and even though no words were being spoken, his eyes told me everything.

"My dad left my mom and I when I was only 2 so it was just me and my mom until she met my step-dad who she had my other two siblings with. But with my mom and step-dad working all the time I was watching my siblings all the time. I had to grow up really fast barely experiencing a normal childhood. My parents never had time for me. I felt so lonely and miserable struggling with keeping up with school and my siblings." He out the brackets back on and turned back to the water.

"Cutting helped with my pain, but I stopped when I met the boys."

I smiled. I guess I never realized how close those four were to eachother. Joining this band and forming such a strong friendship with the other boys must've helped Ashton alot from what I was hearing.

Then my mind went back to the pool. The cool calm water. All of it just eased my mind. Being there with him, talking about everything. I loved every bit of it.

I looked over at him, the lights  from the pool casting a perfect luminosity on him. So I just admired his dirty blonde curly locks, brushed over to stay out of his face but one strand rebelled dangling just above his left eyebrow.

I really like Ashton. More than anyone I've ever like before which wasn't many.  I might even say i was falling for him...

========//Ashton's P.O.V//=======

As I spaced out, staring at the pool a thought crossed my mind;

I had just told her everything...

Everything I would've hidden away from any other girl I had met just a couple days ago.

She was different though, she understood my pain. She knew what it felt like to be surrounded by people and still feel alone. She felt the same pain I dealt with when I cut. I felt something with her, a connection I hadn't felt with anyone else. I loved it and I soon found myself starting to love her.

When I went to look over she was already looking at me so she quickly snapped her head back to the pool. A strand from her messy bun fell in front of her face so she shyly tucked it behind her ear.

To break the silence I stood up holding my hand out to her. She hesitated but grabbed it pulling herself up to stand next to me.

I grinned. "Close your eyes."

She crossed her arms across her chest and pursed her lips. "No way! You're gonna push me in."

"I won't. C'mon close your eyes." I urged. "Just trust me it will be worth it."

Mena finally smiled and closed her eyes tightly. "Ashton I fucking swear if you do anything stupid I'll-"

"You'll what?" I whispered in her ear my hands on her shoulders. Then I picked her up bridal style, tossing her in.

She came back up from under the water holding up her middle finger at me.

"Dick!" She shouted splashing water at me.

"Hey!" I giggled, stepping back as she walked towards the edge of the pool, hoisting herself up onto it.

I went and sat down next to her instantly regretting it as Mena shoved me into the water, laughing hysterically.

She jumped in after me. When I resurfaced I splashed her, sitting back on the ledge to take off my now soaked muscle tee. I threw it onto the lounge chair turning back to Mena who was staring st my abs.

"Holy shit..." She muttered.

I self-consciously ran a hand through my drenched hair pretending not to notice.

She came up on the ledge and just moved her legs through the water slowly. That's when she did something that completely caught me off guard.

Mena grabbed my face pressing her lips to mine we both let our lips dance until Mena leaned back biting her bottom lip.

She stood up and grabbed her phone and key card from the chair walking over to the door leading inside but stopped.

"Tonight was amazing, Ash. We need to do this more often." She said before disappearing into the doorway back into the hotel.

Leaving me by the poolside alone with my jittery thoughts, pounding heart, and flushed cheeks.