Chapter 12//Mistakes

Ashton's P.O.V

Walking into that house was the worst decision ever. At least I got to see Mena's true, back-stabbing self.

Then I realised she wouldn't have done anything like that to me, it was Calum. That bastard had been trying to get in Mena's pants as soon as he met her.

My disappointment phased into burning anger I couldn't control.

"Ashton..." Mena stood up but I could only watch Calum, the dick I used to call my bestfriend who had just sucked faces with the only girl I told all my secrets to. The girl I wanted to marry, have kids, and buy a house in Malibu with. All of that torn away by the infamous Calum Hood.

The volcanic anger blurred my common sense until I wasn't even able to think twice about my next move on Calum.

Calum's P.O.V

Boy, was he pissed. I had never seen him this mad before tonight. Instantly, the light that had always been in Ashton's forest green eyes faded away as he clenched his fists tightly. Knowing Ashton he wasn't going to do anything but yell until my ears bled and his lungs gave out. But this is drunk Ashton.

Mena's P.O.V

I only knew Ashton for 4 months, but I knew he wouldn't do anything to Calum. They were bestfriends since like forever, and I barely ever saw them argue more than with a level of playfulness.

But I started second-guessing Ashton's self control when his eyes grew darker and I could tell that pure enraged thoughts were cascading throughout his mind.

Right before my eyes Ashton abruptly stormed over to Calum, grabbing him by the collar of his jacket, pulling him off the couch and swiftly slamming him against the wall.

"Ashton, stop! Now!" I screeched as people become to come into the house to record and watch the fight unfold.

"You were my bestfriend why would you do that, you fucking prick?!" Ashton shouted in Calum's face making him flinch at his infuriated tone.

"Ash, I kissed him. Let him go!" I yelled hoping for Ashton to release Calum.

"Stop covering for him, Mena! He deserves this." Ashton shouted, his deep, shouting tone scaring me a bit. He was out of control...

Just as Ashton threw a punch at Calum's face my brother, Luke, V, Arzaylea, and Halsey walked in freezing when they saw Cal.

He let go and Calum dropped to the ground, his nose bleeding and his lip cut from Ash's fist. Ashton shook out his hand and I gasped at what had just happened. Trying to speak failed me as my voice choked and I was rendered speechless.

Calum stood up again, now his eyes had gone dark and he knitted his eyebrows together, furious.

"How could you do that when you knew exactly how I felt about her?! Huh, Calum? Honestly, I never expected you to do something like that when you knew Mena and I kissed way before you forced your tongue down her throat. How could you? When you know I love her!" Ashtons words flipped my world upside down.

Not only did he just tell Calum I had kissed him, but he admitted he loved me in front of my brother, my best friends Crystal and Luke, and everyone else piling in to see their fight.

Calum seemed taken aback. "You kissed her before?"

"Yeah the first night she stayed in your room, I told her to meet me by the pool." Ashton explained making me immediately want to crawl in a hole and die.

Calum's self control was just as lost as Ashton's and I knew I had to do something before this went any further.

"You're dead!" Calum growled.

As Calum wound up his arm, ready to throw hands at his former bestfriend I lunged between them hoping to end the fight.

Instead, Cal's fist brutally impacted my face, my teeth clenching down on my cheek from the force.

Blood filled my mouth from the huge chunk I had bitten out of my cheek.

"Mena!" Michael shouted, rushing over to me, Luke and Crystal at his side, but all I could think about was the pain.

Calum's P.O.V

I looked down to see the girl I was making out with just five minutes ago, cough up blood, after my fist flew into her beautiful cheek bones.

Guilt drowned my piercing thoughts as Michael tended to Mena, the girl I admitted to loving for only minutes later to punch her in the face meant for the guy I used to call my best friend.

"Mena, I didn't-"

"Can it, Calum. Not only did you make out with my sister you punched her too!" Michael helped Mena up looking from me to Ashton. "You two better figure this the fuck out or I'll beat both of your asses!"

Ashton's P.O.V

I wasn't the one who had caused Mena's injury but I felt twice as guilty. One, I just punched the guy I put my full trust in, and two I didn't let either of them explain before i punched him.

We both had deep feelings for Mena and she was sending us mixed emotions about the way she felt. Now after what I did, what Calum did, what we did I was sure she would never want to see either of us again.