✰ three

"Well, a week ago or so, we went to a drive-in. Cherry Valance and her friend Marcia were there, and Dally was flirting it up. She got mad and he went away, and we started talking to them. We became friends with them and they wanted us to walk 'em home. Bob stopped us, but didn't do anything." Pony said and I nodded, signaling him to continue.

"But later, Johnny's folks were fighting so we went to the old abandoned lot and fell asleep. It was around 2AM when we woke up, and Johnny stayed there. I hurried back here and Darry and I got into an argument, so I ran off to Johnny. We ran to the park and Bob jumped us, and he uh..was drowning me." Pony said.

I've always wondered what drowning felt like. Did it feel like your lungs were floating, like they were dying and you weren't? Stuff like that always puzzled me.

"So Johnny killed Bob in self defense to save me and himself. We ran to Dally who told us to get the freight to Windrixville and stay there for cover and a week. Then, well, one thing lead to another and we met you." Pony smiled and I smirked.

"That's one hell of a story. Tell that to your grand babies, I wanna know their reactions." I joked and Two hit my arm.

They headed into school and Dally, Johnny, and I walked around town. They showed me some places.

The drive-in, the abandoned drive-in, the abandoned warehouse, the track field and stadium, the lot, the vacant lot that rumbles usually took place at, things like that.

They also explained about some people. The Shepard gang, some Socs that Pony knows, and whatnot.

"This Angela Shepherd sounds like a really bitch." I said and took a puff of my cigarette, or as Dally like to call them, cancer sticks.

"Yeah, you're tellin' me, man." Dally huffed.

"Say, what's your real name? Or is it Rory?" Johnny asked and went around to my side so I was walking in between the two boys.

"I'm not tellin' you two that. It's embarrassing, once I'm really in the gang you might find out." I shrugged.

We went to the bowling alley and I bought a newspaper. Pony, Dally, Johnny, and my picture were on the front.

I think that was probably the ugliest picture of myself I've ever seen.

Shit. Under our pictures were all of our full names.

Dallas Tucker Winston, Ponyboy Michael Curtis, Jonathan Andrew Cade, and Aurora Stone Powers.

"Your names Aurora?!" Johnny asked in shock.

"Yeah, what's it to you? Don't go telling a single soul, ya hear?" I asked and he nodded.

"Man, you may act tougher but Aurora sure as hell ain't a tough name." Dally laughed his somewhat obnoxious laugh.

At that moment I wanted to sock him in the throat.

"Dally, don't you do that. I swear you'll be dead in seconds, and I keep my word." I said.

He sighed in annoyance and stretched out on the chair, exposing his white tank top and chains around his neck.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He winked and I flipped him off.

"Hiiii Dally." A small girl walked up with a few others behind her. Greaser girls.

"Angela!" He groaned.

I snickered but then remember the filthy shit he'd told me she'd done.

I glared at her, "Do you need something?" I asked.

"No, but clearly you do. What's wrong with me?" She asked.

"Dally here told me of all the shit you put people through because you think your brothers will protect you." I said and got closer to her. I was short, but not as much as her.

"Yeah, well, what's your point here?" She replied and got closer to me.

"You, me, vacant lot. Tomorrow night. Midnight." I spoke through gritted teeth.

Before she could finished I added, "and you can't bring those brothers of yours."

"Why not? You just said they're worth nothing." She smiled evilly.

"Yeah, but I don't need you to have someone to go crying to when I knock your guys out." I uttered and saw Dally smirk from the corner of my eye.

"You're on. Powers." She said.

Once she has fully left, Johnny high fived me and complimented me for telling her off.

"How did she know my name, man?" I asked and lit a cigarette.

"Word gets around quick in this town. Be careful with it." Dally said. I'd keep note of that.