✰ twenty-four

We snuck out of the building. Right as I was getting out of the window, Logan busted in to the room.

"Fuck." I groaned.

"Where's Rory?" He asked and brought out a gun. I swung my leg over and started running as fast as I ever had, Rory a few feet ahead of me.

Two-Bit had called the cops on a phone nearby so they pulled up. Logan looked out the window and shot, hitting my ankle.

I screamed in agony and fell to the ground. Rory and Steve looked back and ran to me.

"Dally!" Rory screamed and held my wound. I hissed in pain.

She held her gun up and shot towards Logan a few times to scare him. He went back in and I forced myself up, Steve helping me to the car.

Steve drove with Two-Bit in the middle and Soda threw himself next to Two.

Rory helped me in the backseat and I grabbed a shirt from my bag, holding it to my wound. She held it there as well and Two-Bit drove to the hospital.

"Fuck it hurts." I breathed out. I don't complain much so they knew I meant business.

I threw my arm over Rory. Man, was I happy to have her back. I knew the boys couldn't see so I pressed my lips on hers and we kissed.

The feelings in my stomach went ape shit and my heart beat fast. The feeling was indescribable.

It was magical. I loved the feeling. Kissing girls never felt like this for anybody but Rory. I wish I could stay kissing her 24/7.

We arrived at the hospital and they helped me in, blood dripping the in the path behind me. My jeans were red at the ankles.

"Aw shit." I moaned at the pain. It was excruciating.

"We need help. He was shot in the ankle." Rory said in a loud way. Some nurses came over with a stretcher and loaded me on.

Soda patted my shoulder and Rory kissed my forehead before they put an oxygen mask over my face and I fainted.

I woke up in a hospital bed, shirtless with the sheets over me. My leg was bandaged and there was a brace on my ankle.

Rory and Darry were next to me. I know Darry denied it, but he had always taken a special liking to me.

"He's awake." Darry said and Rory got up. I could tell they were tired.

"What day is it?" I asked.

"You got shot two days ago. They were arrested, because the police looked into it and discovered the drugs and murders they had been into." Darry said and I nodded.

"Where's everybody else?" I asked.

"Soda and Steve said they'd be here after work. Pony and Johnny are at the lot making it, I don't know, I think they said neater for Johnny? I skipped work today, and Two-Bit is who knows where." He said and I laughed. Sounded about right.

"Darry, there's $20 in my bag. Take it." I demanded.

"What? No, I couldn't." He smiled.

"You missed work for me, now take it and shoo." I smirked and he rolled his eyes before grabbing the bill and leaving, closing the door behind himself.

"Come here." I mumbled to Rory. She came over and crawled in to bed, hugging me on her side and having one leg over my not injured one.

I noticed my shirt felt wet and saw she was crying.

"Why are you crying?" I sat up and looked down on her.

"You saved me, and you got shot for me. That was my fault, and my business. And yet, y-you still did all that." She smiled.

"Gee, I know you don't cry much, so this must really of got ya." I rubbed her head softly and laughed.

"Oh shut the hell up." She jokingly hit me.

"Well I told ya I'd do just about anything for you. You know, I haven't felt like this for any other girl." I grinned sheepishly and she returned it.

"I love you." I whispered.

WHAT THE HELL! I love you. Never said that before.

"I love you too." She cuddled into me and I sat my head on top of hers, shutting my eyes. We just laid there in each other's company, enjoying the warmth and love.

She looked up as I was nearly asleep and I kept my eyes shut. She pressed her lips on mine and my cheeks flushed a little bit, but I kissed back.