✰ five

The fight was tonight, so the whole gang was heading down.

"You sure you wanna do this?" Pony would always ask. That whole walk, his arm remained around my waist.

Man, he'd make a great boyfriend. I could totally dig him, I was probably starting to anyways. We arrived at the vacant lot, seeing Angela and a bunch of her brothers friends standing there. But, just as promised, Tim and Curly hadn't shown up.

But if I had to bet, they were watching for the perfect time to get me. I didn't care, this girl needed some sense knocked into her.

"Hey pretty girl." She joked and came away from her friends.

Ponyboy kissed my forehead before walking over to where the gang was watching anxiously.

"Hi Ang." I said in the same sarcastic tone she had used.

After standing around, I spoke up, "Take a swing, I dare you."

I said it a few more times before she swung up and slapped my cheek. I turned back with a smirk on my lips and a heart full of fire.

I grabbed her by her long hair and forced her to the ground, kneeing her on the way down. I hopped on top and gave a few punches, but she flipped us over and did the same. I was surprised by how she could fight, but nonetheless, fought back.

I had been a fighter in New York and didn't plan on losing the reputation here. Swing after kick, she was pretty sore. I heard footsteps and saw two boys looking like the Shepherds approaching and flexing.

"I said they aren't allowed, sissy. You might as well call uncle" I joked and stepped back, allowing Curly to drag her off while their other founding-father-of-a-brother, Tim, walked up to me.

"You got some nerve doing that to my kid sister." He spat in my face and I dodged it.

"You got just the same nerve to show up when I specifically said y'all aren't allowed." I said in a similar voice.

The gang gave me a look like what are you doing but I ignored it and got in Tim's face when Curly stepped forward.

"Hell, what type of brothers are you if you raise your little sister relying on her brothers! Stop considering the big tough guy theme and consider the fact that one day you might not be there!" I spoke up, raising my voice. They both look stunned and slightly intimidated.

"I almost beat her unconciousness, but she was relying on you two to come and save the day, but I promise, you ain't as tough as you seem. I see right past your big foreheads, big egos, and weasel sized dicks!" I continued. Everyone's jaw had dropped, and I was stunned myself.

I was guessing the Shepherds have quite the rep. around here. But it felt good telling them off.

"And lastly, you really assume because I'm some petite little girl you can come in and beat my ass! I don't want you touching me, I don't want you watching me, you damn well not even think of me! Who's the tough one now?!" I finished and swung my fist at Curly, who flinched and stepped back, shutting his eyes.

I didn't hit, just stepped back and laughed.

"Lets go guys, their done." I nodded to the gang and walked, knowing they'd be right behind me.

"Good God, Rory!" Darry said and held my shoulders.

"I guess no one has ever told them off, huh?" I joked and Pony strolled to my side.

"Gee thanks!" I joked and Steve and Soda continued teasing me about my words to them. I was pretty proud to say the least.

"I'm happy to have you in the gang, babe." Pony said in a low whisper. Shivers were sent down my spine. Even though everyone called people that, it felt different with him.

I hummed as a response and we walked to the Dingo to celebrate.

Darry offered to treat, but I knew I was going to secretly pay and that was that.

I ordered a milkshake and fries, dipping it. Dally was to my left and Steve to my right, Pony was across from me. He continuously smirked at me and rubbed his jeans up against mine, earning the same from mine.

Soda had caught on but I didn't care, I liked Pony at this point. He was so damn attractive, and seemed like the perfect boyfriend.

"What the hell.." Dally muttered while watching me dip my fries into my milkshake.

"It's good, try it!" I said and raised it to his mouth.

"No way." He said bluntly and turned his head. Darry laughed a little.

"C'mon Dal, I'll do it if you do." Two chirped up from the other side of Steve.

Johnny smiled as Dally opened his mouth slightly, trying to talk, but I shove the fry in and he make a grossed face before chewing and smiling. I guess he liked it.

The rest of the night the gang was talking until our stomachs were full and our hearts content, ignoring the fact the trial was tomorrow.