✰ nineteen

LIL BIT OF FORESHADOWING AHEAD!

We walked through the door and acted as if we were barely even friends, mentally grinning about lying.

"Buck's place is gross." I groaned and plopped on the couch, laying my head on Two-Bit's knee.

"You're telling me. I got boozed up there the other night on cheap beer. They need to get some new stuff." He ruffled my hair and I slapped his hand.

"So are we not gonna talk about the elephant in the room?" Darry said from his arm chair, earning all our attention.

"Who even says that? And what's the elephant?" Steve joked with a mouthful of chocolate cake from leaning on the doorway.

"Dally and Rory, what exactly happened last night?" Soda asked and my face went red.

"Just something to get back at Pony. Speaking of which, can we talk out back?" I looked over at Ponyboy who reluctantly nodded.

I got up from the couch and I knew Steve, Two-Bit, and Dally were going to stalk us. We sat on the back steps in a comfortable silence.

"I'm sorry." He said finally.

"What you did was wrong, but I know now more than ever we can't help who we love." I rubbed his shoulder in assurance and he smiled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He teased about Dal and I.

"I-I just mean that Cherry is a Soc and you still picked her. You can't help that, it's your heart." I made up.

He bought it nonetheless, so we settled our differences and just talked for awhile. It was just like the old days, but no romance at all.

Things were going right for me, for once in my life. No more constant fights, no more cheating, no more abuse, and especially no mafia chasing after me.

The best thing about right now was Dallas. It was safe to say I was in love and that he was he one. Hopefully he won't pull a Ponyboy.

I have to hope for the best, all because he has a history of cheating every once in awhile. I just have to think that he feels like I do.

That his heart jumps at the sound of my name, that electricity runs through his veins when we even touch, and that he feels like he's gonna faint when we kiss.

Hell, I've had boyfriends that have hit me. Well, not official boyfriends, but love interests.

But I knew Dallas would never do that.

Anyway, Ponyboy and I finally went back inside and I sat down on the couch.

"There's nothing going on between Dally and I, ask him yourself." I responded the the gang's weird looks.

They looked to Dally who made a shes telling the truth face and they finally took it to a rest.

All except Johnny. I could still see it lingering in his mind.

"Better give me that money back." Soda teased Darry.

"Hey, I'm gonna get drunk tonight. Probably Buck's. Anybody in?" I spoke up. Since Soda, Steve, and Darry has already led they were our.

"I promised Pony I'd see a movie with him." Two rolled his eyes. I laughed a little.

"I'm probably gonna go with 'em. Sorry." Johnny looked to me with guilt in his eyes.

"You're okay. It's fine." I smiled at the damaged kid.

Even though he's literally three months younger than me, his whole persona makes him seem Pony's age.

We did random shit the entire day until it was around 7PM.

"When's your movie kid?" Two-Bit looked towards Ponyboy and Johnny.

"8." He responded.

"Well, if we're gonna tease people along the way and it's a 30 minute walk, we better get going." Two said with a toothy grin.

Ponyboy rolled his eyes but Johnny smiled a bit.

They headed out and I shouted bye. Darry was probably on his way home and Steve and Soda had mentioned they'd be out with their girls.

This left Dally and I alone.

I looked over to him on the couch while I sat on the chair. He smirked, as did I.

I got up and walked over to him, sitting on his lap with a leg on either side. He placed his hands on my hips and I wrapped mine around his neck.

Our faces grazed each other's before he connected our lips. It was partly sweet, but got more passionate over the course if a few minutes.

We were interrupted when Darry walked through the door, his jaw dropping.

I hopped off Dally and stared at Darry while Dally smirked. I knew he couldn't help it, it was his face of adrenaline.

"Is there something you two wanna tell me before I shout into the street that y'all were making out on my couch?" He teased and smiled.

"Darry, you can't tell the gang." I said sternly.

He nodded and did a little excitement dance.

Later Dally and I headed out. Boy, was this about to be a night I would remember.