✰ twenty-three

"R-Rory." She stuttered and my heart skipped a beat.

"R-R-Rory." Raven mocked and I laughed. I gave Rory a look that I had to play along.

"What even is Rory?" I asked her.

"Nothing." She spoke with some sass. I smiled a bit, but Raven didn't notice.

"Well, I'd like to introduce you to Dallas Winston." Raven smiled and threw her arms onto me. I quickly looked around and saw some shots sitting on a table.

"Baby?" I whispered in her ear. I backed her against the wall right next to the tray of shots.

"Yes?" She smirked.

"This is gonna hurt you a lot more than me." I smirked and inserted the shot into her arm, sending the non-lethal liquid into her veins.

She got drowsy before leaning into my arms and passing out. I dragged her out and sat her into the restroom before locking her in and leaving back to Rory.

I made sure Logan, Miguel, or Carter couldn't see me. There weren't any security cameras, surprisingly. Then again, they had just bought this building.

"Dally." Rory begged and I smiled to her.

"Hi baby." I smiled and kissed her quickly. She teared up a bit.

"Don't cry, Juliet. I'm gonna get you out of here. You're safe." I said and smiled.

"What about you?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I'd die for you, as long as you're okay. Just stay put." I winked at her recklessly and headed out. I went out the door Raven had locked and made sure my gun was ready to shoot.

This was when it was really going to get dangerous. I heard some knocks on the door.

"Somebody's knocking." I heard Carter say and walk out. I nodded at him in a small hello and walked with him to the door.

He opened it and faced Steve, who was standing his ground. He looked fierce. I hoped he stayed like that.

"Who the hell are you?" Carter teased.

"Rory's boyfriend." Steve said. His voice wavered slightly but he kept himself together.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Soda and Two-Bit watching from a distance, acting like they were having a conversation.

A few people were around doing the same, but they were watching.

"And then there were two! This makes it more fun! You'll die with her." Carter clapped and opened the door.

"Winston, get him in here." Carter ordered and I nodded, grabbing Steve's shoulders and giving them a squeeze of reassurance.

"Winston, you should be in the gang." Carter whispered and I smiled. Carter lead Steve to Logan and Miguel.

"Who's this?" Logan asked.

"Rory's boy toy." Carter said and Miguel and I laughed a bit.

"Winston, you and Carter bring him to Rory." Miguel spoke and I nodded, walking to Rory's room.

"Where's Raven?" Carter asked and my hands became sweaty.

I leaned over to Carter, "We were about to go to home base but then she said she had to..use the restroom. She'll be awhile." I nudged him and he laughed.

We headed in and Rory's eyes went wide. I locked the door behind us.

"Ain't this your lover boy?" I asked her and barely winked.

"Steve!" She played along and I mentally breathed a sigh of relief.

Steve walked over and hugged her, making it seem they were together.

"You know you're dying soon?" Carter joked and I snatched the shot, injected him with it. I grabbed another and did the same, making sure he was out cold.

"Oh shit Dally." Steve mumbled as I walked over and laid Carter in the restroom. I quickly grabbed a shot and gave it to Raven, making sure they wouldn't be getting up.

"Get Rory out." I ordered and he grabbed the keys hanging outside her door, unlocked the chains on her.

She hopped up, full of energy and hugged both of us. "Time to kick ass."

I opened the small window in the corner of the room and Rory hopped out, running to get Two-Bit and Soda.

In a minute, we were all inside.

"Two-Bit, get your gun ready." I nodded to him and we got our guns out, cocking them.

I looked around and saw an extra gun lying under the shelf. I grabbed it, checking for bullets.

Once I saw it was loaded I handed it to Rory.

"Get your blades ready. We're going out." I said and fear flashed in their eyes.