✰ six

The next day there was a certain tension throughout the gang. We all knew what was coming, and couldn't get over the nerves. But I knew Johnny wouldn't be guilty, he had to much on his side.

But nonetheless, I was still nervous as hell.

"Ugh, I'm gonna have to dress fancy!" Pony groaned on the couch next to me and I laughed.

"Do boys really hate dressing up that much?" I said and the gang gave me a duh look. I laughed even more, and hopped up. The trial started in an hour, so we were all finished getting ready.

"Dress, or fancy pants?" I asked holding the options up to Soda, who had the best style out all.

"Dress." He confirmed and I nodded, going back into the bathroom and slipping on the black halter dress. It outline my curves well, so why not? But I hate dressing up just as much they do if I had to bet.

Then, I put some mascara and soft pink lipstick on, and put my hair up into a high bun. I pulled out some of the baby hairs, and once I was done, I walked out.

The boys all looked mighty fine in their suits, it idealized their broad shoulders. Dally was the only one who had his suit off, holding it over his shoulder. That white dress shirt did him justice, might I say.

"My, my." Pony said and stood up, looking me up and done. I slid on the flats and we left. Darry was behind me and had his hand on my back, guiding me.

"You look beautiful, darling." He charmed and I smiled sweetly at the tall boy. Sure, he was intimidating at times, but he's really just a nice guy.

We all went in, and took a nervous breath. Darry approached the marble stand in the lobby, asking where our court room was. She looked at him, back to us, and glared. I wanted to flip her off, but I knew that would just land us in more trouble.

"Bitch." Pony muttered so only I could hear and I almost giggled.

Darry looked back and nodded to us, so we followed him. He walked down the marble floors to a large set of doors, and we pushed them open.

There were pews, and a large stand. Darry and Soda were ordered to sit in the front pew while the rest of us sat in the back with some Soc parents or what not. I inhaled and exhaled a shaky breath when they called Johnny to the stand.

He held up his right hand, almost his left by accident, and said the oath before perfectly stating what happened. Next was Randy, who testified with the exact same story except in his point of view. I still couldn't stand him.

Next was Pony. He gave a glance to us and I winked at him before he walked up, said the oath, and began to testify. Bob's attorney was beginning to stress him out, and I saw a small layer of sweat on his forehead.

He looked back to us and Steve gave him a thumbs up, and he began to calm down.

It went perfectly. All we needed to hear was not guilty and that Pony and Soda could stay with Darry.

Once we heard those magical words, it was hard for me to not jump out of my seat happy.

"Hey, man, I knew it'd be alright." Dally smiled and hooked his arms on the seat, one around me and the other around Two, unintentionally.

"We should go to Bucks to celebrate." Steve said and we agreed. The judge dismissed us and Pony ran up to me, picking me up and twirling me around.

"We did it!" He cheered and sat me back down, where Johnny was smiling like a cute little doofus.

I wrapped my arms around him for a tight, short hug.

"Let's go to Bucks to celebrate, eh? We could all loosen up!" Steve said and the whole gang agreed, heading home.

I changed into some jeans and a white t-shirt, tucked in. Over top I threw on a jean jacket with a furry interior, and put my hair into a ponytail.

I took off my makeup and adjusted the oversized jacket, before we all took off. Somehow, only the Lord knows, Two was drunk off his mind before we got there.

Soda being Soda was already having the time of his life without a single drop of alcohol in his system. It amazed me how he did that, and the fact that he could 'sober up' any time.

We arrived and Dally headed off, I followed him since I knew he knew his way around.

"A drink, doll?" He asked and I nodded. After about five minutes we were both regular drunk and had about ten shots.

"Did I ever tell you about- I don't know what I was gonna say!" He smiled and I hiccuped.

We walked off to another room with a couch and a no alcohol allowed sign, which meant no one was here.

But then here we were. I jumped, literally, onto the couch and he sat down.

"Man, I like this girl. I don't know how to tell her man." He said. I giggled and hiccuped at how many time he said man.

"Just kiss her!"