Chapter 3

Rest of author's note at the end, but this chapter is dedicated to MareBarexxo. She made me a GORGEOUS banner, and it's been the lock screen background on my iPod ever since. TELL ME, IS IT PRETTY OR PRETTY?

I love anyone who does anything for me; fans, votes, comments, likes, makes me things.

I LOVE ALL WHO DO THAT AND IT MAKES ME DANCE.

I also dedicate anyone who does stuff for me, because it really does mean a lot to me.

Chapter 3:

ELLA'S POV

Now

December 13th, 2012

The rest of the week passed by with no more encounters with Niall, to which I was very grateful.

What I wasn't grateful for, however, was the phone call I got that morning.

"Hey, Jen. What's up?" I asked, putting her on speaker as I put on a black, stretched out, wide-necked sweater, my favorite pink tank underneath

"Ella." Her voice was scared, urgent. Not the way a nurse's voice should sound. "It's your father. He's not doing well. He keeps asking for you. Come. Now. As fast as you can."

My heart pace quickened.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked quickly.

"No time! Just come! Bye." The call beeped and ended.

I frantically pulled on a pair of jeans over my bare legs, and slung on a pair of black boots. Tears were flying down my face.

Jen's never sounded nervous before. She's a nurse. She's calm, and sweet, and understanding. Never nervous and frantic.

It had to be bad.

This was my father we were talking about! My mother died giving birth to me, and he got sick not long after! His kidneys weren't functioning, his heartbeat was irregular, he was paralyzed from the legs down. He was supposed to die long ago, but he was strong. He got through it.

I knew he would get through this, too. But that didn't stop the fear that rammed into me, and the tears that fell free.

My father was the only thing I had when Niall left. I was the only thing he had when my mother died.

I grabbed my keys, and darted to the front door. It was raining again. When I flung the door open, my heart stopped.

"Ella-" Niall said.

"Leave!" I cried, the tears flowing faster now.

"What's wrong?" He ignored what I said before.

"Everything!" I screamed at him, and pushed him out of the way, ducked into my car, and started the engine...

Only to hear my car make strange, guttural noises and die. I shrieked in frustration. I found a knitted cap in the seat next to me, set it on my head, and got out, ignoring Niall who was still on my doorstep.

Looks like I was walking to the hospital.

"You can't walk in this rain, El! You'll get sick!" Why was he reaching out to me? Hadn't I made my feelings clear enough?

"I don't care!" I burst out, turning to face him angrily. "My father is in the hospital right now, and I need to get there! He could be dying right now, and I don't need you holding me up!" I turned around to walk again.

I couldn't hear much in the rain, so I couldn't anticipate it when Niall fell into stride next to me, and grabbed my wrist.

I flung my hand out of his familiar grasp. "I told you not to touch me."