Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

NIALL'S POV

December 21st, 2012

Win her heart back...

Coleen's words echoed through my ears as I stared at Ella, wishing her beautiful green eyes would look at me like they used to.

"Niall, you okay, mate?" Zayn asked me quietly.

I shook my head slightly.

"Why?"

I pointed to Ella, "Miss her." I said rather quietly.

"Then win her heart back." Zayn said.

I should be used to how much Coleen and Zayn can be alike, but it surprised me even now.

"Everyone keeps saying that." I muttered, not meaning for Zayn to hear, but I suppose he did, anyways.

"'Cause it's true." Zayn replied, shrugging.

He turned away, and my shoulders slumped.

Shouldn't I be happy?

I was known for being the carefree one in the group, so I should be happy and carefree, right?

Well, it wasn't happening.

I looked up at the girls. Coleen was trying to teach Ella to do the Gangnam Style dance, but Ella failed horribly.

"It's not even that hard, Ells!"

"There are a lot of things in the world I can't do! And dancing is one of them!" She shouted back, pouting.

"I can see that." Louis said, grinning.

"No need for the sass, Tommy." Ella replied, giving him a face.

"BURRRRNNN!" Harry exclaimed.

Ella gave Louis one of her best sass grins.

Why was she so beautiful?

Suddenly, she snapped her head to the side.

"I smell food."

"You hungry?" Liam asked.

Coleen grinned, "Psh, Li, she wants food even if she's not hungry."

Everyone turned to me. I blushed, and shrugged, "Coincidence?" I asked.

"I think not." Colly replied.

Ella glared at the ground.

"Food." Colly whispered.

Ella'a face brightened it, "What is it?"

"Pasta," Harry answered, "I made it."

"You haven't lived until you've had Harry's pasta." Zayn told her, grinning with ease.

"Best pasta I've ever had was at a place called The Food G-" She stopped suddenly, and her eyes narrowed.

"The Food what?" Liam questioned.

"The Food Garden." I replied immediately.

And the memories came rushing back.

Ella and I on our first date.

Ella and I dancing as we waited for our food.

Ella and I holding hands.

It felt like everything was tied to her, and it wasn't a feeling I was fond of. Before, it probably wouldn't matter, but now, it felt like my heart shattered each time she would narrow her sea green eyes at me.

She'll never forgive me. I thought sadly.

There was a time where I could lean so close to her face that I could count each and every one of the small freckles dusted across her nose. Now, she barely let me be near her, or even in the same room.

I used to just look in her eyes and be able to see love in them. Now, all I saw was regret and hate.

Before, I could have told her I loved her, and she would respond back without a thought, because we both knew it was true. Now, I barely said a word to her, and she would barely reply.

I wanted so desperately to count her freckles. To see the love in her beautiful eyes. To say I loved her. And to hear it back.

Two years ago, I let go of the best thing the world gave me.

I wanted her back.

And I would get her back, because sometimes...

Moving on is not possible.

Especially if you know that they are the perfect person for you.

And Ella is.

She is the perfect person for me.

ELLA'S POV

I couldn't help it.

Every time Niall spoke, this rage would boil up inside me.

He left me, the girl he supposedly loved, and he dares speak to me with such casualty!

It was rare that I was ever mad at Niall, but he'd kiss me, and it all went away.

I wish I could turn back the clock and somehow change everything.

But this wasn't my fault.

It was Niall's.

(START OF FLASHBACK)

February 14th, 2011

Valentine's day.

That was the first depressing thought to enter my mind.

Ever since my love, Niall, left me, I'd been very depressed.

I hadn't cut myself, but I'd come very close to it.

But so far, no scars had made their way onto my wrists, thank the Lord.

My heart both sank and lifted because of today.

Maybe Niall would call me!

Or maybe he wouldn't, just like he hadn't ever since he left for the X-Factor and became part of the world famous band, One Direction.

The day dragged on.

I avoided the knife.

No call came.

That was the day I officially lost hope on Niall forever.

If he wouldn't call now, he wouldn't ever.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Now

December 21st, 2012

ELLA'S POV

I wordlessly ate dinner, although with all the chatter echoing through the table, I'm not sure anyone noticed.

Except for Coleen of course. She tried talking to me, and when she asked why I wasn't responding, I told her I was too busy enjoying my chicken pasta.

By her raised eyebrows and the look in her dark blue eyes, I knew she knew I lied, but she let it go.

I glanced at my wrist.

I always wore a piece of suede black chord on my wrist and a small silver chain bracelet because I never had to take them off and they looked great.

But, another reason, in fact, the main reason I wore them was that they also hid the one scar I had let go on to my skin.

I only cut once, around the same time last year in 2011, and I just stopped.

I knew I was one lucky girl for being able to not cut again, and for that I'm grateful.

But that scar will stay there forever.

It was branded into my skin, just like Niall's name had been branded into my heart.

------