Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

ELLA'S POV

Now

December 16th, 2012

"Please fasten your seat belts, we are about to land."

I sat up, and buckled my seatbelt once more. I was about to wake Niall up, and I heard it.

"Princess." It was barely a whisper.

My heart skipped a beat. He used to call me princess.

"Ella. Sorry. Love.... Princess." He grumbled more, his head moving from my shoulder to the headrest.

"Ella... Princess.... Stay with... Princess."

This time, it felt like my heart stopped altogether. I blinked hard against the prickling in my eyes.

"Niall." I said. My voice cracked a lot. "Wake up."

"Don't... Wanna... Leave... My princess."

"Niall." I choked out louder, tears burning my eyes. "Niall, wake up."

His blue eyes popped open, and I instantly looked away to hide my wet eyes.

"We're landing. Put on your seat belt." I said quickly.

I attempted to nonchalantly raised my hand to my eyes and wiped the tears out, but I could tell he saw anyways. He put on his seat belt and rubbed his eyes, blinking hard.

"The boys will love you." He told me.

I glanced at him, and shrugged a little.

"There's Liam, Zayn, Louis, Harry, and our drummer Josh."

I nodded. "I remember."

"They're nice lads, a bit crazy, but they're very nice in general." He said.

"Okay."

When the plane landed, Niall brought down my carry-on bag from the compartment above our heads. Our fingers brushed as I grabbed it from him, and I yanked my hand away quickly. His touch was so familiar, and when we touched, it seemed like just yesterday he would hold me tight in his arms.

(Flashback)

May 14th, 2007

"Where are we going, Ni?"

"Somewhere." He answered, keeping a tight grip on the tie he had wrapped in front of my eyes.

"I hadn't noticed." I responded sarcastically. "But seriously, Niall, where are we going."

"It's a surprise, El." I could imagine Niall rolling his crystal blue eyes.

"I hate surprises." I pointed out. "You know that."

"I do. But you'll like this. Promise."

"Pinky promise?" I said, half joking.

"Promise." He said again, and his warm finger gripped mine sweetly before letting go, leading me on to the surprise of our first date.

I was extremely nervous. What if things didn't go well and it ruined my friendship with Niall? That wouldn't be something I would handle well. Ever since that day when he stole my cookies... we'd been inseparable.

"Don't be nervous, El." Niall chuckled in my ear.

"Dammit, Ni!" I cursed, but I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face. "How'd you know?"

"I know everything, Princess."

There it was. The first time he'd ever called me 'princess'.

I could feel the heat spread across my cheeks, and as we entered through a door, Niall gently removed the grey tie from over my eyes. It took me a few blinks to focus again, but when I could, I recognized the place instantly. The Food Garden. Cheesy name, yes, but amazing food.

"The Food Garden?" I grinned at Niall. This was our favorite restaurant.

"Yup." He flashed me a bright smile.

We ordered our food, and Niall came up behind me, and wrapped the tie around my eyes again.

"Niall? What are you doing?"

"You'll see."

I rolled my eyes, and even though Niall couldn't see my eyes, he knew I was.

"Don't roll your eyes, Ella."

Despite myself, I giggled. Niall let out a little laugh. He loved it when I giggled. With one hand, as we walked on to wherever Niall was mysteriously leading me to, he starting tickling my ribs. I burst into a fit of uncontrollable giggles.

"Niall!" I gasped, "Niall stop!"

He didn' stop though, until his feet halted me, and the second his fingers left my ribs, I fell on the ground laughing. Niall laughed at me, and gripped my hand to drag me up again, and he removed the tie once more.

My eyes stared in wonder around me. The Food Garden had one, extra special table outside, with plants and flowers all around the table and chairs, an absolutely gorgeous seating arrangement, if I do say so myself.

Niall grinned at me cheekily, and I blushed as he pulled out a chair for me and curtsied. I laughed. Niall was such an easy person to laugh with.

Reason 1 of a hundred why you like him, Ella. I thought to myself.

Reason 2, he's beautiful, no matter how many times he tells himself he isnt.

Reason 3, he can always make you smile, even if you're extremely angry.

Reason 4, he always tells you you're gorgeous, no matter what.

Reason 5, he can always tell what you're feeling.

Niall sat down in his own seat, smiling his beautiful smile.

I smoothed down the shimmery yellow fabric on my cute little sundress, the one with the high-waisted white belt.

We chattered until the waitress came over, eyeing Niall in his pale blue button-up shirt. He rolled up his sleeves because of the food coming towards us.

"Well, what are two people as young as you doing in the Garden Seat?" She asked.

"Just enjoying a lovely date." Niall said coolly, attempting to kick my foot from under the table cloth, but instead his the leg of the table with a loud bang.

I struggled to contain the laughter, as she set down the food.

"Food!" I exclaimed, instantly free of giggles.

Food was a very important part of my life.

"I see how it is! More excited to see food then your best buddy and now date." Niall said as the waitress left, rolling her eyes.

I tossed my head back and laughed. "Aw, Ni, I love you, you know that."

Niall blushed this time. Niall and I were always easy blushers. It was just the way we were.

He and I ate our food, and by the time we got up, it was most definitely late at night. He grabbed my hand, and gently squeezed it. He leaned down and pecked my lips quickly and lightly. I knew I was extremely red now, all from the little kiss.

But that was important. It was the first kiss we'd ever shared together.

----