Avoidance

Avoiding Soongi was a lot harder than the boys thought it would be.

Everywhere they turned, he seemed to be there with little Hayley.

Soongi had been warned off of BTS as well, the manger making it very clear that he didn't want them conversing otherwise Soongi can say bye-bye to his career, just like he threatened Jungkook.

Jungkook, rather than being his normal bubbly self, was quiet and reserved. He wanted to see Hayley and Soongi so bad. But he couldn't.

In both of their stomachs, there was an empty feeling. The feeling of being incomplete.

Soongi suffered with a lot of stomach cramps the last few days. He wasn't eating properly from the lack of money his manager was giving him. All the food he had, he made sure Hayley had it. His manager had lowered his pay as a punishment, although it was severely illegal.

"Soongi... You haven't eaten, have you?" His mother spoke through the speaker of his phone.

"I have mum... I'm fine." He smiled tiredly. His own mother coughed as she laid in her hospital bed.

"You keep saying that, but your face is getting awfully slim..."

"I'm fine, mum. Worry about yourself." He said softly after hearing her go into a coughing fit.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Yes. Nothing out of the ordinary." She waved it off with a dismissive hand.

Suddenly, Hayley came into the room, "Soongi! I can't get this necklace you bought me on!" She whined.

Soongi chuckled warmly, "Pass it here." She did so and he gently turned her around, picking up the hair and putting it over her shoulder before clipping the necklace around her small neck.

It was a pandora necklace that would fit her for the rest of her life.

"Thank you, Dad. I'll never take it off!" She ran away and left Soongi there, stunned.

He wanted to cry out of joy, "Dad?" He whispered with the biggest grin he's worn in a while.

His mother laughed, making him jump as he forgot she was there, "I didn't think you were ready to be a parent yet, Soongi."

"Neither did I. But she's so easy to look after."

They began speaking about Hayley and her past which Soongi had learned when he met the little girl.

"Do you think you can find time for your old mother to see her? She seems lovely."

"Of course, mother." He smiled at her tenderly.

She smiled back before it faded and she sighed, "It's time for me to go, Soongi. I love you."

"I love you too, mum."