Chapter-1

Oreeti. P.O.V.

I am nervous.

God damn Nervous.

Because tomorrow I am getting married to the guy to whom I have never seen or interacted with.

My family is a very religious hindu family. My family consists of my parents and me. My grandparents died in a car accident when I was very young. My parents are well known Cardiologist and I am a Dentist.

I am 26 years old. I completed my studies from India only. I am not very social and I have only best friend i.e., Pratiksha Tripathi.

But I do love my big fat family. Our famiky has a big family tree. I have 2 maternal Uncles and Aunts, 4 Paternal Uncles and Aunts.

Other than that my grandfather's brothers families also have very good relations with us.

One month prior to all my wedding ceremonies all my cousins, uncles, aunts and their friends and families started arriving to participate and help in wedding ceremonies.

My whole family is very funny and  love me very much.

I don't have many friends because all of my cousins including me went to same school. In my standard I had my cousin brother and above and below them my other cousins. We used to hang out, sit, had lunch and study together. And our own circle was so big that we never needed any other friend.

I met Pratiksha in my medical college. We shared same interest so we became good friends.

Now she will become my future sister-in-law.

Although my family was liberal but I never overstepped my boundaries.

My family is well respected in whole state and if there will be any mistake from my side their whole reputation will be sulled.

I never had any boyfriend because I found them as a distraction to my studies. All my other cousins had been in relationships.  Due to my lack of interest in relationships nobody approached me , if they ever tried my disgusted expression was enough to shut them up. My cousins used to make fun of this thing but I never mind it.

My Parents never said anything about this but I know that they felt happy and proud of it.

My father gave my phone in my second year of college because I never asked for it. All my cousins had their phones after 6th standard but I never did because I thought of it as a wastage of time and I think that age is too young for a kid to have their own phone.

Its not that I don't know how to use it. It is just that I don't find in intruging.

I am on all social networking sites but I never come online. I made those IDs so that I can know about it. I use them very rarely.

Yesterday was my bangle ceremony where all my cousins came and they made me wear green bangles which are considered as the colour for the to be bride. I also gave bangles to all my female cousins and friends.
It was fun becasue after that ceremony we all danced and enjoyed a lot.

My future husband's name is Aarav Sharma. He is the CEO of Sharma Enterprises and is very handsome. He is the son of Jay and Meera Sharma who are also famous buisness tycoons. They are my parents childhood friends and they were the one who brought up the idea of mine and their son's marriage . And now here we are.

I only met Aarav during our engagement ceremony . After that I never saw him . I don't even know his phone number and everything which I know about him is from my cousins.

I was too shy and felt awkward to ask for his number because I have never talked with other boys and to ask my cousins for it would be to embarassing.

My cousins bullies me because of my lack of enthusiasm and effort but what I can do. You can't expect from a girl who has never talked with any boy other than her brothers to suddenly ask for a number from her future husband.

And I don't mind it because Aarav also didn't ask for my phone number.

Today is my Mehendi Raat. My cousins had called the famous Mehendi Designer. Aarav's family sent the Mehendi cones for me as it is a tradition in our family. The designer will use the cone from which has been selected by Aarav.

I am wearing a Maroon sleeveless knee length dress so that it is easy for the designer to apply Mehendi on my hands and legs.

I sat for about 2 hours in front of Mehendi designer so that he can design my Mehendi. The coolnees brought my the heena over my warm hands gave me a thrill.

 The coolnees brought my the heena over my warm hands gave me a thrill

All my cousins and aunts were also applying Mehendi on their hands. My friend Pratiksha was actually my bridesmaid as she fed me and helped me in washroom as my hands were covered and I couldn't use them.

This function ended at 12 am and after that everyone went to their rooms to sleep and Pratiksha helped me to my room and applied sugar and lemon's mixture over my mehendi so that its texture will be more darkening

Pratiksha helped me lay down on my bed and adjusted pillows so that I could sleep. Just when I was about to sleep Pratiksha came running to my room and held a phone towards my ear. I queationed her but she thrust the phone to my ear. I was confused that who would call me during the middle of the night . So I asked

"Who is this?"

There was a huge silence and just when I was about to motion Pratiksha to take the phone away I head a voice

"How is my future wife doing?"