Chapter-15

Oreeti. POV.

Its been  three months since I have been pampered like a princess and held like a fragile doll by my family especially by my husband.

Now my arm is okay and doctor has also given me clean chit but still my family is not letting me off. The still treat me like a kid. Firstly it was nice as I was the center of attraction of everyone and I get to see my family everyday. When my in-laws came after the trip they were very angry at everyone and they remained angry at us for whole one month but later they forgave usand I had to face one whole month of more pampering and more lectures about one's security.

Today finally I have been let off by my family and has got the permission to go to my clinic. There also my assistant made it sure to keep an eye on me as if I am a kid. For God's sake I am an adult and accidents happen everyday but that doesn't mean that they have to be this much possessive .
When my work ended Aarav was there to pick me up. During the whole ride I kept quiet and looked out of the window. The relation between me and Aarav has gotten closer. And I think that I have fallen in love with me. He is so caring and loving. I want to profess my love to him but I am bit hesitant. I want to take our marriage to a next level but I guess now is not the time. It is already 6:00 pm and I bet that me and Aarav's whole family will be there waiting for us. When we reached the house everyone was waiting for us.

Aarav left  me with our family and went to change the clothes. I talked with my family and when my  Aarav came back my mother-in-law escorted me back to me and Aarav's room which is on the ground floor. The moment I entered our room I locked our room from inside and took a deep breath. I  took a shower and changed into a pink full sleeved anarkali suit.

When I went down it was already 8:00 pm and whole family was on the dinning table

When I went down it was already 8:00 pm and whole family was on the dinning table. Aarav came towards me and helped me to sit on the chair beside him. I smiled at his caring nature but got annoyed at his over protectiveness . When I sat down our maid served me a plate of fruit and vegetables salled.

I ate it but after finishing it Dalia was served to me. I got sad looking at it because this is what I have been eating from past three months. I ate it quickly left for the room without waiting for anyone.  I changed into my nightwear . I laid down on the bed and started feeling lonely because nobody is understanding my emotions. Their overprotectiveness is suffocating me.  I know that earlier I got hurt but now I am feeling frustrated at their this behaviour. When Aarav came he changed into his night suit and sat beside me and run his hands through my hair and asked me
"Oreo, Are you okay?"

I nodded my hair and in a restrained voice I said

"I am okay."

He got up and laid down beside me. I quickly hugged him and burried my face in his chest and started crying silently. When Aarav heard me he got panicked and said

"Oreo, What happen? Are you hurt? Is it paining?"

"No"

"Then what happened?"

"Aarav I know that I was hurt earlier and I liked it when you all took care of me. But now it is suffocating as you monitor my each and every movement . I don't like it. I am an adult so treat me like one. I don't need anyone following me. I know you guys are worried and care about me but atleast give me a second to breathe. I am sorry if I sound heartless but please I want some space and tell everyone not to treat me like a kid."

I told Aarav what I had in my heart. He was consoling me . When I stopped  crying he said

"I am Sorry Oreo. But you mean world to me. When  I saw you like that when you got injured I was both afraid and felt incompetent to protect you. I failed you. So after that I decided to take care of you. I am sorry if I overwhelmed you. I know we all crossed our line. And  I will talk about this to others. And I am sorry for them also. Please don't cry."

That day I let myself deliberately sleep in Aarav's embrace as it provided me the comfort which I was seeking from the last past month.