Chapter-13

Aarav . POV

The moment I heard shouting I quickly went outside and saw a scene which I never expected.
On the foot of the stairs my wife was lying. Her head was bleeding and her arm was twisted in different angle. I quickly went down the stairs carefully and picked her up in my arms making sure not to move her arm and told my driver to take out the car. I laid her down in the car because she has lost her conciousness. I pressed her head wound to stop her bleeding and quickly told our driver to reach the near by hospital. Her head was on my lap. I don't know how it happened . How could she fall down? How can she be so clumsy?

When we reached the hospital the doctors came and nurses took her to the ICU . I waited outside for 3 hours as they were doing surgery on her head and taking her XRays and other things.

I quickly called her famliy. And withing 2 hours all her family members were here. They fully supported me and when I tried to call my own parents Oreeti's parents stopped me as they said that

"Don't call your parents  . They are outside the country  so it is not good and besides we are here . Oreeti will be fine. It is just a minor injury. And if it becomes worse we will call them . And I know it will not happen. Because Oreeti is always very clumsy. When she was 5 uear old she feel down into the pool and was about to die but we  saw her and saved her. She is always accident prone. But I hope she gets well because she is a very filial and kind child . "

I hugged them both kt brough some peace in me but my heart was hurting as I failed to do my duty as a husband . But god please let her be okay. If she will get well I hope that I will never leave her side and will make sure that she never gets hurt.

After her surgery doctor came and informed us that she has got 5 stiches on her head. She has broken her left arm and 2 of her ribs. She is well and just need good rest . Right now she is asleep and don't know when she will wake up because her head was also injured but it will take more for her arm to get completely heal.

Then only I left a sigh of relief . She is okay. Thats what I want. Her parents went to her room and her mom was crying. I was also feeling sad because it was because of my incompetence that she is hurt. They kissed her cheeks and sat with her for one hour. After that I I told them to go to their home and rest  and I will inform them if she gets up.

After so much persuadation they left and I went and sat beside her and held her small  hand in my hanfs and kissed it and said

"Please wake up healthy and strong."