Chapter-9

Oreeti. POV.

When everyone came downstairs including my mother and father-in-law, cousins and other relatives. I touched the feet of every elder in our family even though they told me not to but it is the custom and if I won't do it other will say things which can lower my in-laws which i can never let happen.

Everyone was there except Aarav who was not down yet . Everyone was looking at me as if I have kept him somewhere . His matenal Aunt's daughter  Maya went upstairs to call him down. Till that time I ordered the maids to serve everyone.

When they tasted food everyone appreciated it. My mother-in- law called me and gave me a hug and their family's hierloom which consist of two gold bangles which are both simple and beautiful. My father-in-law kissed my forhead .

Everyone started eating food and they told me to eat with them but I politely refused and told them that I am waiting for Aarav

Everyone started eating food and they told me to eat with them but I politely refused and told them that I am waiting for Aarav. Everyone stared at me and laughed. I looked away embarassed but this is what my cousins told me that I have to wait till my husband comes.

Then I saw Aarav coming. He was wearing an orange kurts pajama. He greeted everyone and touched elder's feet and then sat down. Then Aarav's cousin Rajan asked him
"Brother, why are you late?"

And then Aarav's Maternal teased him by saying
"I heard that after wedding night it is always bride who wakes up late but here the case is completely different."

When Aarav heard it he chocked the water he was drinking. I immediately ran towards him and patted him back till he feel better.

Mom gave a stern look towards her sister who then kept quiet and then Aarav looked at his Aunt and said

"Aunt, you know who is more dominant is our relationship. So it is normal for me to wake up late."

After Aarav's remark there was pindrop silence in the dinning table. I quietly left the room embarassed and I could hear mom scolding them.

I went to the sink but after listening to their remarks it brought tears to my eyes as I have never been bullued or embarassed like this. It was too much for me to handle. I told the maids to serve them the seetdish and I left for the lawn where I sat down on the chair and started gazing at the beautiful flowers. I felt so alienated here. I have never been away from my house and I don't know how I am going to spend my full life here. I want to make my parents proud. I opened my phone gallary and looked at my family's photos which brought tears to my eyes. I quickly dried my tears as I don't want anyone to look at me like this. The moment I got up I saw mom sganding in front of me. She was looking at me with adoreness on her face. She opened her arms and I quickly went into her amrs adn sobbed. Jer scent soothed my hurting heart and filled that void of missing my mother in my heart. She patted my back and said

"Don't cry. We all are here with you. If you miss your parents you can tell us  we will take you to them. And don't mind their words . They are fools. Now stop crying and come with me  I know you have not eaten anything."

After listening to her caring words I hugged her tightly. She kissed the side of my head  and brought me to the dinning room on to the dinning table where everyone was quiet and eating their food. I sat down beside Aarav and started eating toast and juice. Everyone was looking at me but said nothing. I was too sad to say anything. I want to go to my parents.

Aarav. POV.

MY morning was blissful as I got to see her beautiful and innocemt face. I like it when her face becomes red due to embarassment.

After taking bath and getting ready I saw I was late for breakfast. When I went downstairs I saw everyone was sitting on the dinning table except for Oreo who was standing behind mom and dad holding bangles which are our family's hierloom. As I sated down on my chair  my cousin and Aunt decided to tease me but I replied a shameless answer to them.  I wanted to see the reaction of Oreo but when I looked at her face I stilled as I saw her pale face. I saw her entering the kitchen. My mother scolded us saying that she is new to this house so it is not right to tease her as she is innocent and still misses her family.

My mother left the table and everyone became quiet as it is our duty to make her feel welcomed but we bullued her.

I was angry at myself and then later mom came holding Oreo's hand. Her swollen eyes were enough to tell us that she was hurt by our words.

I regreted saying such thing. She sat beside me but said nothing and took toast and juice instead of the tasty food which she made. My guilt was eating me over. But then I felt her holding my hand under the table and looking at me and smiling.

My heart calmed down a bit after seeing her smile and then my idiotic cousin asked her

"Sister-in-law, why you are not eating puri and halwa?"

Oreo looked from her plate and in a polite voice she said

"I have allergy. So it is not completely cure. Till that time I can't eat anything fried."

When she said that everyone relaxed and I quietly ate my food with my one hand and my other hadn still holding her other hand. Now I have to aske for her forgiveness . I hope she forgives me.