Chapter 16: вєℓℓα мєєтѕ тнє fαмιℓу ρяσρєяℓу

Bella Meets The Family Properly

****Bellas P.O.V****

I was washing my trunk when Edward jumped onto my truck scaring me. "Could you at least act human. I have neighbors."

"I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow." Edward said to me as he fixed the dent in my truck.

"Thanks uh... wait like your family?"

"Yeah."

"What if they don't like me?" Edward laughed.

"So, you're worried not that you'll be in a house full of vampires, but that they won't approve of you." He kept on laughing.

"Glad I amuse you." There was an eerie silence and Edward looked towards a car. "What's wrong?"

"Complication. I'll see you tomorrow." With that he left.

I saw them park and Jake helped Billy out into his wheelchair. "Come to visit your truck?" I asked.

"Yeah, looks good. Got that dent out." Jake replied.

"Actually we've come to visit your flat screen, First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here keeps bugging me about seeing you again." Billy said.

"Great dad. Thanks." Jake said embarrassed.

"Just keeping it real son." I saw dad pull up.

"Vitamin R."

"Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry. Any luck with that Waylon case?" I turned around as dad wheeled billy to the door.

"Well, we food a bare footprint headed towards East."

"Wait a footprint? A human did this?"

"A crazy psycho human." Jake said.

"Keep the kids out of the woods. Sprees the word." Char... Dad said.

Billy looked at me like I knew something. "Of course. Don't want anyone else getting hurt do we." I looked down and couldn't help but think there was a second meaning behind that.

*********************************

The next day Edward picked me up and took me on the long drive back to theirs. Edward opened the door for me. I got out. We walked in the house.

"This is incredible." I said as he took off my jacket. "So light and open, you know."

"What'd you expect? Coffins, dungeons, and moats?" He asked as he took off his jacket.

"No, not the moats." I replied.

He chuckled, "Not the moats."

There was music in the background.

"It's the one place we don't have to hide. I told them not to do this." He said as he lead me upstairs, probably to the kitchen.

" He said as he lead me upstairs, probably to the kitchen