Chapter 17: вαѕєвαℓℓ

Baseball

****Bellas P.O.V****

I walked into the dining room where dad was cleaning his gun. I grabbed another can of Vitamin R from the fridge. "Got you another one." And set it in front of him.

"Thanks." I was a bit nervous to tell him, but I did anyways.

"I have a date with Edward Cullen."

"He's a little old for you. Isn't he?" Dad asked.

"No, he's a junior, I'm a junior. I thought you liked the Cullen's?" I asked.

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town."

"To be fair dad, I didn't technically say that and they technically don't live in town, they live outside and come in for whatever." Dad sighed. "He's right outside." I added.

"He is?"

"He wanted to meet you. Officially."

"All right. Bring him in." He said as he clicks his gun.

"And could you be nice, he's really important to me

"And could you be nice, he's really important to me." Dad did a halo around his head. I went to get him. Edward took my waist.

"Chief Swan." He greeted dad. "I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen." Edward shook dad's hand.

"Hi Edward." Dad shook Edwards hand back.

"Bella won't be out too late tonight. She's gonna play baseball with my family." Edward informed my dad.

"Baseball?" He asked with an amused tone. I didn't need mind powers to know he was thinking about how I wouldn't and couldn't play.

"Yes sir, that's the plan." Edward said. Dad laughed a little.

"Bella's gonna play baseball. Well, good luck with that." Dad said.

"I'll take good care of her, I promise." Edward assures dad and placed his hand in mine. We then turned around to leave.

"Bella?" I stopped and turned. "You still got that pepper spray?" He whispered.

"Dad." I shook my head and left.

Edward was fitting a baseball cap on my head while we were talking.

"Since when do vampires like baseball?" I asked amused.

"Well, it's the American past time and there's a thunderstorm coming . It's the only time we can play. You'll know why when we start." He took me out of town to where the others were playing.

~Time skip to field~

"Bella, I'm glad here, we need an umpire." Kirsten said as she lead me towards the home plate.

"She thinks we cheat." I heard Emmett.

"Oh, I know you cheat." Kirsten replied. "Call 'em as you see 'em."