Bakugou Katsuki X Reader: Fallen Asleep.

Cute little fluff inspired by a headcannon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Out of all my life to stay awake all night, it HAS to the night before the trip, huh?' Bakugou, with heavy eye bags under his eyes, thought angrily as he waited for his turn to climb up the bus. Apparently, they're going on a school trip, and Bakugou Katsuki didn't get a good start.

You see, Bakugou was planning to sit by the window so that he can lean against the window and take a nap. However, apparently, the bus was similar to the bus to USJ, with most of the seats facing away from the window. He could've sat at the back seats, which were not facing away from the window, but all the seats from the very back were taken already. It's as if everyone knew Bakugou's lack of sleep and wanted him to suffer. He didn't have a choice, thus sitting at the front, hoping that he wouldn't lean against someone should he accidentally falls asleep.

As the bus started moving though, it's as if it is rocking Bakugou. Though the bus was filled with chattering and loud noises, Bakugou still managed to find himself slowly giving into the dark.

In times like these, he's glad that he's not seated next to you. On his left was Kaminari, and on his right was Midorya. The two wasn't exactly the best, but it's way better than you.

Don't get me wrong, he doesn't entirely hate you. Ever since you had given Bakugou chocolate on Valentines Day, everyone cooed at the fact that both of you seemed adorable together. It was disgusting, especially when the girls wanted to bring two of you together. It was out of friendly gesture, Bakugou knew that. However...deep inside...he does wish that it is something else..

As Bakugou slowly drifted away into the land of dreams, he didn't realize that Midorya exchanged seats with someone else...

"Deku-kun! Come here for a sec!" Uraraka said, smiling at the green-haired boy as she held her phone. "I want to show you something!"

Midorya, who was about to stand up to head over to Uraraka, ended falling back to his seat due to how bumpy the road is. It was a miracle that Bakugou was still able to fall asleep undisturbed. "I-I don't think it's safe for me to go over there right now.."

"B-But it's really urgent--!" Uraraka was interrupted by her seatmate, which was you.

"You can exchange seat with me, Midorya!" You smiled. Their conversation might last longer than they had anticipated, and poor Midorya might have to suffer for a while if he plans to stand up for the duration of their conversation.

"Y-You sure?" Midorya asked, knowing that you and Uraraka were good friends. He didn't want to steal her away from you.

"Yup! Positive!" You both stood up, and slowly getting your way to your new seat. You sat next to Bakugou, who was nodding his head off. With the bus jumping from the bumps on the road, Bakugou's head swayed side to side, looking like as if it desperately need somewhere to rest. You tried your best to not look at the explosion boy so that no one can get the wrong idea. However, you did take pity on him.

After a few minutes had passed by, the bus calmed down.

Everything was peaceful. Not necessarily quiet, since there were still chatters here and there, but all was fine. That was until you felt a weight on your left shoulder. Looking back, you realized that Bakugou had rested his head on you.

Your eyes widened as blood rushed to your cheeks. You immediately looked away and avoided any eye contact with anyone. If anything, having an eye contact could get you teased. You don't even know if anyone had found out yet.

To make matters worse, Bakugou's head is starting to fall off your shoulder, very close to land on your lap instead. You didn't want to wake him up, he seemed very peaceful for the first time.

~time skip~

Bad choice. Very bad.

Bakugou ended up sleeping on your lap, curling up into a ball as he nuzzled his head against your lap. It was very awkward. He was facing away from you and was facing his classmates, allowing them to see his placid look. Something that they have rarely, if not never, seen.

No one was to his left since Kaminari took notice of this a few minutes ago and immediately left his seat, sitting next to Mineta (since no one dared to sit next to him). He smirked at the two of you.

It was very quiet when Bakugou slept on your lap. Everyone simply stared at the two of you, squealing.

You haven't had eye contact with anyone yet, but you can tell by the noise that you would still get teased by this.

Upon hearing the small commotion, Bakugou began moving a bit, dissatisfied. You panicked. No. HE CAN'T WAKE UP. IT WOULD BE TOO AWKWARD.

You began stroking his hair in hopes to calm him down. His spiky hair is surprisingly soft and fluffy. Doing this, Bakugou seemed very satisfied and snuggled up. It was very cute and adorable, though quite surprising that Bakugou CAN be cute.

Everyone immediately went silent. Supposed that they realized that the little noise they made nearly woke Bakugou up. Iida, a while back, was about to interfere since this is not 'appropriate' in his opinion but was stopped by the girls, who simply gave him a dark look. It was quite surprising that the class representative was scared by just simply receiving the dangerous looks that were plastered on the girls' face.

Aizawa was quite confused by the sudden atmosphere. It was quiet, too quiet for his comfort especially when his class was known to be very noisy. He looked back to see if his students are okay, and they are. They're just silently fangirling over the soon-to-be couple. He couldn't blame them, they're quite cute together.

However, as if life wants to make your life a living hell, Bakugou suddenly woke up. You didn't know why, but he did. 

Screw his pineal gland.

You didn't notice this since again, he's facing away from you, and so you continued stroking his hair. He seemed unfazed at first. However, when he felt that something, or rather someone, was touching his hair, he turned to his back.

You tensed up immediately as soon as you had eye contact with the explosive boy.

"...." The sudden tension made you extremely uncomfortable. When Bakugou's eyes slowly widened, that's when things went south.

"WHAT THE F@#%?!" He immediately pushed himself away from you, landing on the floor. He was surprised that you were there. The last time he was awake, he remembered that Midorya was next to him! Not that he wanted to sleep on Midorya's lap though...

You panicked a little and began to feel a little nervous when an unconceivable expression plastered itself on his face.

Everyone burst into laughter, with you looking away with a cherry face. Bakugou seemed dazed and confused. After a while, he seemed annoyed and angry.

You thought that it was because of you, and you felt even more embarrassed.

However, it wasn't you. It was your classmates.

"OI, YOU BRATS! STOP LAUGHING AT US!" That made everyone quiet. Bakugou was glaring daggers at them, before sitting next to you.

'Us'

Bakugou said 'Us'

It was very surprising.

When the class realized that Bakugou won't stop staring at them until they stopped looking, they tore their gazes away from them.

Everyone began to mind their own business. Bakugou sat next to you and placed his hand on top of yours with a tint of blush on his face. He laid his head on your shoulder.

"Baku--?"

"Katsuki." He mumbled with an annoyed tone. "And don't wake me up, alright? I'm still tired. I'll kill you if you do."

Ah, now that's the Bakugou you knew.

Smiling, you rested your head on his and closed your eyes.

Your heart fluttered as he snuggled closer to you, enjoying your warmth.