Dabi X Reader: Deception.

(N/n)- nickname
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry, sweetheart. Looks like ya found the wrong guy," he looked at you, smirking as if he has no remorse.

That time.... he was hurt. That night, he was on the brink of death. That moment.... he was weak, helpless— far from the man he is today. That very day, he was slowly dying when the two of you met.

He was ambushed by another villain. Dabi managed to kill him, but not without leaving with some injuries.

With the deep cut in his abdomen, he was losing a lot of blood already by the time he felt safe deep in the alleyway. He could feel his consciousness slipping in and out of his grasp, toying with him. It was when he's hopeless did his eyes meet yours. 

You had heard a ruckus nearby in the alley. Looking at the scene, you watched as the injured man limped, walking into the pit of darkness, leaving blood trails. You decided to follow him and help him.

Despite the fact that you had witnessed the man burning his assailant, you decided to help him. Why? Because you are training to become a hero, that's why. He's simply trying to defend himself, why would you not help him? Even after you took care of his wounds as much as you could, you tried to take him to the hospital, but he declined. 

You had then suggested that you should take him to your home (despite the fact that it was not quite safe to simply bring strangers to your home). Your parents rarely return home due to their jobs as heroes, so it was fine. He doesn't understand why. He kept telling you that he'll be fine, but you refused to listen.

Even after everything, you didn't tell the police about the incident. You didn't tell them how he killed the man. You didn't tell anything to anyone.

What? Are you that desperate to be a hero? To become everyone's hero? To become an inspiration to the kids in the future? Do you honestly think that Dabi will feel so honored that he will tell everyone about you? How preposterous. Dabi sneered at the fact that you're trying too hard to become something that isn't even worth his time. He thought that you did it for your future, for your job; but to think that you did it out of kindness, out of something that is NOT self-absorbed, was something new to Dabi. Seldom had Dabi seen anyone this kind. Scarcely had he become intrigued with someone that was his enemy, not ever even. 

Why are you different than the rest then?

It probably took weeks, months even, to let Dabi finally accepted his feelings towards to you and confessed. When he first felt something, it was when you showed how much you cared for him.

You asked him to come over for dinner, and he agreed. You hadn't discovered his villainous objectives back then, and he'll like it to keep it that way. He told you he'll arrive at your place at seven, but he never came at that time. You waited, but he never came even at ten. Scared that something might happened to him, you decided to call, but he never picked up. You began to pace back and forth around the living room. The food had gone cold, but you care no less about it. All you cared about is Dabi's well-being. Is he okay? Was he attacked again? What if he's injured? Or worse, dead?

As the thought of death passed by, the doorbell rang, and you immediately threw the door open. Your eyes met his mesmerizing, blue eyes, resembling his scorching hot, blue flames. You froze for a split second, before you threw your arms around his body, sobbing.

He was of course taken back at first. He didn't expect to have a hug from you. Bemused, he reluctantly returned the embrace. He had caught up with a gang of villains who were trying to get revenge for their friend that Dabi killed before, thus he was later than usual.