Chapter 19

Meryl's POV

As I was getting ready to leave my parents' house, someone unexpected came over.

*knock, knock*

"Meryl, will you get that?" Mom said as she stirred the spaghetti. I nodded and walked up to the front door, expecting the mailman or a fan.

"Oh. My. God." I covered my mouth in shock.

"Well, hello." Jason, my high school sweetheart, was standing in front of me. He ran his thick fingers through his messy blonde hair.

I briefly remember him touching me with those long fingers when we were 19.

(Flashback)

Afterwards, we collapsed next to each other, breathing heavily. My body was still shaking and I could still feel the orgasm wrecking my body.

Once we calmed down, he pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I pulled the blanket over us and snuggled closer into his chest.

(End of flashback)

"Meryl? Are you alright?" Jason waved a hand in my face.

"Yeah, sorry. I just haven't seen you in a really long time. Come on in." I shut the door behind him and walked into the kitchen with wide eyes.

My brother noticed and laughed as my mom hugged Jason.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" My dad asked noticing my tension.

'No!' I mouthed. Why was I so uncomfortable with him being here?

"Uh sure." He answered. I rolled my eyes and pounded my forehead with my hand.

After dinner...

As the family was cleaning up the kitchen and dining room, Jason and I were alone on the back porch. It was silent for a while as we watched the sun set and the stars come out. But then, I spoke.

"I should probably go, Maks must be waiting." I went to go grab my things when I felt Jason's arms wrap around me.

"I missed you. Maybe we could get coffee and catch up?" He whispered in my ear.

"Of course."

"So it's a date?"

"It's a date." I confirmed and said goodbye to everyone as I pulled out of the driveway to go home to my husband.