Chapter 26

Maks' POV

While Meryl was out and about, I started to clean the house and get ready for the 20 plus people that were coming to our house tonight. Almost everyone from Dancing with the Stars was coming over to celebrate New Years and Meryl's 29th birthday. 

I walked over to our stereo and started the Dance playlist, it included all of the songs we danced to on the show. My mind began to drift back to all of our rehearsals. Even when I became aggravated with the choreography, Meryl was always so calm. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a call from Sharna. 

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Hey, is there anything that Paul and I need to bring for tonight?" Sharna's Australian accent was strong today, it wasn't always this strong. 

"Um, will you guys take care of drinks?" 

"Both alcholic and regular?" Her dog was barking in the background. 

"Shut-up!" I chuckled as she yelled. 

"If you can, please." 

"Okay, did Mer get her results back?" 

"I don't know. She told me she'd call me when she did." I responded as I finished dusting the living room and kitchen. It was amazing how much dust collects in just a week. 

"Okay, I will ask her about it tonight. See you soon." Before I could say good-bye, she hung up. Why do people keep doing that to me? I mean Karina does it, Sharna does it, Val does it, Meryl even does it! 

Meryl. 

I wonder what the results will be. What if they're bad? 

//

It was soon 7 o'clock and people started to show up. Val, Tony, and Sharna were the first to arrive and we started to decorate the living room and kitchen. Before I knew it, it was 8:45 and everyone was here except my wife. I decided to call her.

"Hello?" Her sweet voice picked up the phone immediately.

"Hey where are you? Everyone is here." I heard her sigh.

"I'm stuck in fucking traffic. I should be home really soon, it seems that everyone is going out tonight for New Years. How is everything at the house?" She was bored, I could hear it in her voice. 

"Everything is great. Nene is hilarious tonight and so is Drew, who decided to show up." Drew and Nene had always cracked jokes backstage and made the cast less nervous.

"Oh that's great! Did Cheryl come too?" There were honking horns in the backgroud.

"Yeah she came. Did the doctor's office call you?" She became immediately silent. 

"Um, yeah they did." Her voice was quiet. 

"And?" 

"I will tell you later on tonight, right now I need to focus on driving. There was a wreck about five or six miles from our house. Bye baby." She hung up. She did it again!

"Meryl?" Sharna was pouring herself a glass of wine next to me.

"Yeah, she wouldn't tell me what the doctor said..." I trailed off. 

"I'm sure everything's fine." She replied all too quickly, something was going on behind my back.

"Do you know something I don't?" Sharna blushed and went to walk into the living room, she turned around before leaving.

"Nope." She smiled a mischevious grin and joined the others.