chapter one: how they met

"R-rick?" Morty asks entering the garage to see his grandfather passed out on the work bench. All he got in response was a low growl.

"C-come on R-rick," Morty began.

"Go *eugh* a-away m-morty," Rick hiccupped.

"R-rick...come...c-come e-eat dinner...mom m-made your f-favorite," Morty tugged on his shoulder.

"I don't n-need *eugh* dinner m-morty. I..I have this, " he says holding up his flask.

"Ah geez, r-rick...w-what..w-what's gotten i-in too y-you," Morty shifted nervously.

"N-nothing *eugh* m-morty. Go have di-dinner. I'm not *eugh* hungry. I- I gotta go," he said standing up before reaching into his pocket for his portal gun.

Rick shot a portal before walking through the glowing green circle on the wall. He hadn't really thought about what coordinates he's put into the machine.

He found himself infront of a bar. He walked in and before he knew it he'd lost track of time. He hadn't even realized when he'd fallen asleep.

*The next morning*

Rick woke up in a comfy bed and sat up quickly.

He took in the surroundings; he sat in a bed in a corner that had a large tall window on either side. There was kitchen area that was fully equipped, living room area, a wall with a short hallway; must have the bathroom and closet. The corner where the division wall was there was a desk. The opposite corner housed a coat and shoes station. In between the bedroom area and desk area was a pair of bookshelves backs against each other.

From the small hallway a figure emerged. A woman came out in a pair of jeans and a bra. As she pulled a tank top over her head her eyes caught a glance at Rick.

"About time you woke up, didn't think you'd sleep till well past noon," she said bluntly.

Rick's eyes bore into hers.

"The fuck am I a-*eugh* at," he rasped.

"My cousin's loft,"she responded back. "Hold on let me get you some water."

She walked over to the kitchen and filled a glass with water. Rick tried to remember last night but things seemed kinda hazy.
She now stood in front of him with a cup of water extended towards him.

"Look I get you're hung over and all but are you gonna take the damn water or not."

He grabbed the water and glared at her before chugging it down.

"Is there someone I can call to pick you up?"

"Nah Beth's at work."

"Beth's the daughter right?"

"What are you s-some kind of s*eugh* stalker?"

"No Rick. You wouldn't shut up last night about how you moved in with your daughter and her family."

"Where's my lab coat."

"The dryer with the rest of your clothes," she frowned,"you vomited all over yourself and the bar."

"I need i-*eugh* it."

"Let me guess you're looking for the portal gun."

Rick raised his monobrow.

"It's on the bookshelf. You said it was important and out of 'battery' before you passed out on the bed."

(Y/n) walked to the opposite bookshelf and retrieved the portal gun.