Chapter 16: it wasn't a date

Y/N's pov

Rick and I didn't take it any farther the other night. We had hastily cleaned up our messes and dragged ourselves up to our shared room. I had won our game but only for the night. I wasn't sure what Rick and I were these days but I sure as hell wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of asking him what we were. No way in hell, he'd never let me live that one down.

I decided to keep myself busy instead of letting this overcome my thoughts. The bed had grown cold hours ago because Rick decided to go work in the garage in the middle of the night. I rolled out of bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

It was early morning and no one would be caught up at this ungodly hour. Hell I didn't even wanna be up. God I need coffee....

I grabbed the box of wafers that I had hidden inside a box of instant mashed potatoes. Beth never really made mashed potatoes from these crappy flakes, she tried it to save herself the hassle but they tasted so bad. I emptied it and used it to hide my valuable sweets from Rick's sweet tooth.

I opened the wafers and walked into the garage. There he was tinkering with his latest project. He frowned as soon as he saw me and hid whatever he was works on. His eyes landed on the box in my hand a second after.

"Where did you get those? I thought we were out."

"Like I'd tell you," I smirked and brought the sugary cookie up to my mouth taking a bite in the most seductive way possible.

He stared at me in disbelief for a moment. I walked up to him and sat on the desk grabbing another wafer out of the box before offering the open box to him. He took a wafer and ate it before reaching for another.

I pulled the box back and away from his reach after he had devoured the second wafer. He groaned in annoyance, "give me the wafers."

"Nope."

"Give me the wafers."

"You want more then come get them," I teased pulling out another wafer. Just as I was about to bite into it he snatched it from my hand and bit into.

I leaned in and bit into it, my lips gently brushing against the corner of his mouth as I pulled back. A smirk pulled slowly on my lips as my eyes met a flustered Rick. We stared at each other silently before being interrupted by the garage door opening. It was morty...again.

It's always morty.

"What are you two doing," he asked quirking an eyebrow.

I looked past rick and towards morty before holding the box of wafers up, "trying to keep rick from the wafers I had hidden."

"Oh is that why there's an empty box of instant mash potatoes on the kitchen counter? Mom was asking."

"Damn it morty," I sighed, "thanks for giving away my hiding spot."

Rick smirked, turned around, looked at morty and then me. Then he walked out of the garage, followed by Morty. I hopped off the work desk and went to the kitchen, beth was cooking breakfast so I decided to help out.

After we ate breakfast rick pulled me upstairs and told me to get dressed then meet him back in the garage. I pulled on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, my watch, and a pair of sneakers. I quickly fixed my hair and put on some eyeliner.

I walked into the garage to find Morty and summer in there with Rick. I grabbed my gun and a thigh holster since I opted not to wear a jacket.

We all piled into the ship and headed to wherever it was he had planned on our adventure to be. I zoned out as Rick turned on the radio, causing Morty and summer to sing along to the music.