chapter five: Rick potion no. 9

(y/n) pov
Rick and Morty kept taking me on adventures after that to help jog my memory. I started to remember some things, but not too much. I dreamt about the day I met Rick that night that we found out my memories were repressed. My eye returned to a human looking state after a day. From time to time I'd remember something about Rick and I's past and I'd try and see if I could pull the thread a bit more so I could get all my memories back.

Currently Rick and I were in the garage, Rick was working on another one of his inventions. I watched occasionally but mostly I was working on modifications for my cybernetic eye on some blueprints. Morty came in to talk to rick.

"Morty hand me that screwdriver, huh. I'm almost done making my ionic diffibulizer, it's gonna be great," Rick said not looking up from his invention, but he has a small smile on his face.

"Hey listen Rick you know how you said- that love is a chemical? I was thinking you know you could make some kind of love potion or something, you know to make Jessica fall in love with me."

"Morty that's such a poor use of my time, it's beneath me. Hand me the screwdriver."

They bickered and Rick got up and rummaged in a box for something.

"This is oxytocin I extracted it from a vol. Go you know what a vol is?"

Morty shook his head no and I rolled my eyes continuing to watch their argument unfold.

"I need some of your DNA Morty."

Morty began to unzip his pants. I face palmed myself, what is this kid doing?

"Gross Morty," I said looking back down at my blueprints.

"A hair Morty, I need one of your hairs. This *eugh* isn't game of thrones."

The machine Rick was synthesizing the love potion whirred and dispensed the finished product into a small glass flask. Rick gave him the orange liquid and instructions before sending him off.

"There's no side effects or anything is there," Morty asked

"What an I a hack? No morty just go already," Rick grumbled.

A moment later once Morty closed the door and Rick thought about it some more he muttered, "huh, not unless she's got the flu."

Rick got bored working on his device and came around to look at my blueprints that he had dug out of a box.

"So do you have all of my old stuff or just some?"

"Some *eugh* you didn't leave much," Rick said casually trying to sound like it didn't hurt him the slightest.

"Im sor-"

"Come on let's go watch TV, " he said pulling me up from my chair across his vacant one.

We went to the living room and found summer on the couch talking

"Hey Summer," I said sitting next to her on the couch with Rick joining me.

"How come you're not at this dance everybody loves so much," Rick asked.

"Screw that I don't wanna get sick, it's flu season "

"It is?"

Rick and I looked at each other and ran into the garage. Rick handed me a box of my things and told me to get in to ship. I did and rumaged around the box for something useful. I found a gas mask and put it on before it whirred to life as filtered air entered my respiratory system.

"We gotta *eugh* go find Morty," Rick said running into the ship and taking off.

We reached the high school and Rick told me to stay in the ship so I wouldn't "instinctually kill anyone."