chapter 9: a rickle in time

Y/n's pov
D-845 and I walked into the Smith's dining room. I looked around, no one was around, but then I heard Rick giving out orders.

"Thanks for the transport home and the drink D-845. Tell y/n B-119 I'm sorry I didn't say bye," I said lifting up and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

He blushed and nodded before opening a new portal and stepping through it.

I decided to go into the living room and see if Rick was there, he was. Anger began to bubble up in me and my blood felt like it was boiling. Morty and summer looked at me with shocked faces, which caused Rick to turn around and find what was distracting them from his directions.

I crossed my arms and had a scowl etched deeply in my face. Rick stood there with a shocked look on his face for a few seconds before his expression turned back in to a bored one as he turned back to Morty and summer.

"And a way we goooo," he said pushing a button on a remote.

I rolled my eyes. Those instructions had to stand for me too, I had been off planet and in another dimension for months

Beth and Jerry came inside filled with rage until they looked around for a second. Rick and Jerry bickered. Then Rick told them to go out for some ice cream before kicking over a wad of unmarked cash totaling to $500.

Jerry walked upstairs and Beth asked why his shirt was on backwards. Jerry said he liked it that way and quickly went to retrieve his jacket.

"Man that guy is the red grim grumble to pretending what's going on," he said coldly.

Summer and Morty began to laugh, which caused Rick to sarcastically smile.

"Oh you agree huh, you like that red grim grumble reference? Well guess what I made it up. You really are your father's children, think for yourselves don't be sheep," he said walking away to the kitchen leaving them sad.

They got over it and followed him to the window where an ambulance was taking away some man who fell off his roof. He said something about how fickle the universe can be and walked kitchen. The kids followed him as he kept talking and I followed them. Summer and Morty began to point fingers at who was supposed to put a matress under the guy and Rick gave the verdict that it was indeed Summer's job.

The ground began to shake and the kids could be heard fighting but their lips hadn't moved.

"Oh God. Oh no. What the hell did you guys just do," Rick said with an echo.

I looked around and saw that there was a second version of us.

"Time quake," I sighed as my scowl deepened.

"Were either of you guys uncertain about anything just now," he asked the kids.

Rick and I looked at each other for a moment before running into the garage. He turned a dial on a monitor and two dots came up. Morty and summer followed behind and stared at us.

"Oh crap are you kidding me, Two dots. This never needs to be more than one dot," Rick stated.

Of course Morty and Summer asked what that even meant, coming out to a complete mashup from both uncertainties.

"Our time is fractured. You two somehow created a feedback loop of uncertainty that split our reality into two equally possible impossibilities. We're exactly like a man capable of sustaining a platonic relationship with an attractive female co-worker, we're entirely hypothetical."

"I thought we there were infinate timelines," Morty said.

"We're not on any time line dummy, look," he said opening the garage door.