chapter 18: attempt to save rick

Y/n's Pov

Squanchy and I went out of federal jurisdiction, traveling from planet to planet not staying in one place for too long. It's been weeks since the wedding and everything that happened. I almost called summer to check on them to make sure they made it off planet okay, but I didn't. If I'd called then they could track me if they'd captured them. I decided to destroy it instead and bought a new one at a pawnshop.

Squanchy and I were in a small bar trying to find a way to get in contact with Rick. If he got out safe with the kids then I should be able to track him down eventually. We were mulling over a beer when a gromphlamite walked in and ordered a round for a table a few feet away from ours.  I didn't think anything about it until someone at that table say Rick's name.

"I heard that Rick Sanchez turned himself in to the galactic federation."

Squanchy and I looked at each other, stood up and left after putting some cash on the table for the drinks. We crossed the street to the shitty motel room we were staying in.

"Rick wouldn't do that," squanchy said.

"Yes he would squanchy. He almost got himself killed last time when you got captured and taken to that fed ship for transport. He had to have made it off planet with his family so something must have happened after that for him to just turn himself in."

Squanchy shrugged, "what do we do now?"

"We have to split up. I have to go make sure Beth and the kids are okay. I'll reach out when I know my calls can't be traced back to you."

We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I stole some poor idiot's small ship and high tailed it off planet before anyone could catch on. Once I was a safe distance away I landed on a space rock to check it for a tracking chip, since most newer models would and people have started to get smart about installing them on older ones. I checked the cabin for any personal items that could have tracking mechanisms installed.

It took weeks of traveling just to get to Mars, stopping only for fuel, food and the necessary human stuff. I slept while the ship autopiloted towards earth and spent some time tinkering with the scrap tech I found in the ship. I made a horribly unstable version of Rick's portal gun.

I decided to land on mars' moon incase the federation finally got it's hands on earth, the CV radio had picked up some fed radio waves back when I first entered the milky way. If I played my cards right the knock off portal gun could be used twice maybe three times if I pushed it, so I decided to test it out with a wrench.

Well it didn't disintegrate so might as well go ahead and try getting back home with it.

I punched in the corrdinates for the garage, opened a warped portal, and walked through hoping that I wouldn't melt or burn alive.

"You wanna see how much of a hero Rick is I'll bring you somewhere summer."

Was the first thing I heard when I walked through the warped portal. I looked around and found myself in the backyard instead if the garage, I could roughly make out two figures in the dark, illuminated only by the green light of a portal gun.

A third voice was the next thing I heard, a fed assigned personal robot. I ran to make sure it didn't hurt the kids when a portal opened under it, swallowing it and dragging the kids with it. I jumped in behind them only to find the robot dead and the kids talking to another Summer and a Jerry. I looked around and realized exactly where we were, cronnanberg world.

"Hi kids," i said grabbing their attention.

"Grandma?"

The cronenberg summer and jerry lead the three of us back to their house after I made sure morty and summer were okay.