7

When the door opened, jing yi's heart stopped. He knew now that his doom had come. He didnt move as even a single movement seemed like a wrong decision to him. He didnt know what to do.

But the voice told him what he needed to do. " turn around and let me see you properly. And i will forgive you for your ignorance for not greeting me right now ."

Jing yi hadnt known the rules of the palace. Terified knowing he had somehow made a mistake, Jing yi lowered his head and turned around. Jing yi couldnt look at his new lord's face. He was too frightened and nervous. Seeing that he coulnt see the beauty's face, feng leng touched the beauty's chin to lift it up. But shocked by the sudden touch, jing yi's reflex made him move back.

Feng leng seemed to understand
The beauty's situation. "Sit on the chair next to the table." He said. Jing yi moved slowly and sat.
" i am the general in command of the army of the royal highness, the emperor." Jing yi was shocked and terrified even more now.  Jing yi never had imagined to be in this kind of situation before. And now, he could only blame himself for not escaping earlier.

Feng leng noticed that jing yi's body had started to shake.so he soon said, "you must be confused about why your here. To state it clearly, I am searching for a maid that can help me in my everyday life and amongst the contestants , you have been selected to be my personal maid." Lies . fengleng knew he was lying. And it was such an obvious lie that even a child would know but he knew this much would be enough to keep the beauty to himself.

The night before feng leng had come and seen every girl that was selected. And he was finally  relieved and happy when he saw that the person he made all this hassle for was there. after having found the 'beauty' ,he had sent away every other girl. But then feng leng was in a dilemma. he wanted the beauty but he didnt know what he wanted after he got 'her'. But he knew  he wanted 'her' for himself.

So at the present he had made up such a lie to keep the beauty to himself till he could make further decisions.

Jing yi hearing this, couldnt believe the words. He didnt know that he would have to be a maid of a general. Jing yi never knew much about the outside world but his mother always told stories about kings, emperors, generals etc. So he knew what a general is. Jing yi panicked at first. He was afraid of having his secret found out. but he was more afraid to decline and run away which would have caused his 'father' misfortune.
Then jing yi remembered the promise to his mother he made to live a life for himself , for his happiness. So jing yi also became determined in that small time to do his best to live a happy life even if it was by being  a maid. Seeing that none of the people so far could find his secret and as everyone deemed him to be a girl, jing yi became more determined and he found the new life of being a maid to be more possible. The initial shock and fear was now replaced by a ddetermination to ......        .

Jing yi didnt speak the whole time. So feng leng became concerned. " i will now go to my study. If you have any questions you can ask me later when i come back. till then dont leave this room under any circumstance and if you need anything , there's a maid right outside." and then though it sounded a bit crude it was all from  concern for the beauty. Feng leng wanted the beauty to have some time to process the situation.

Jing yi now felt dumbfounded. Wasnt he supposed to be the maid? why would he need a maid? And why isnt he allowed to leave the room? Jing yi asks none of them outloud. But later he himself conclude the reasons. Thinking that he is newbie, so not to cause trouble, he wasnt allowed outside and the maid must be there to help him learn the ways of becoming a maid.

Being satisfied by his own reasons, jing yi stands up and bows when he sees the general leave. He didnt know what was appropriate but he still did what he felt good enough.

Finally being relieved of the pressure he felt from the general, jing yi becomes conscious of his surroundings. The room he was brought in doesnt seem to be a normal room. But a rather extravagant one as he sees that everything is shiny and probably of great value. The room is big with different annexed rooms. He wanders around and becomes fascinated with everything his eyes lay on. His day seems to have spent just by seeing everything and more inside the room with excitement, wander and curiosity.

A/n

There's probably no one that reads this but sorry for the late update as i can only blame my own self and now i will update till this story actually ends.