13

"STOP the event!!!"

the candidates were shocked by the sudden shout, so all were about to rush out but the doors didnt open. they shook the door hard but it was as if the door was blocked. so then came the voice, 

"please refrain from forcing your way out. the order has been given to keep all candidates within the rooms." it was the voice of one of the gaurds who were blocking the door.

some of the girls with in the room started to talk back demanding the door to be opened. these were the girls who become candidates because of their influential families. their spoiled nature caused them to make an up roar. all were panicked to know that the selection would be stopped, but only some were able to keep their composure.

"keep quiet you all. is this how noble ladies act? behave!!" 

it was yu yan. she was already angry as a disturbance came in her plan but she was aggravated more by the uproar caused by the other girls. and as she was from one of the most powerful families, all became quiet.

yu yan was agitated by having been stopped again from becoming feng leng's wife but the thought of having removed the thorn from her path made her happy. she was sure that by now the woman- feng leng's lover was already dead.

-------------------------

there had been an attack in the palace. an assassination attempt was made on the emperor. many shadow figures had come into the palace and somehow sneaked into the tight security. when the emperial soldiers finally knew about the mysterious figures, it was already late as one of the best assassin with in the shadow figures had already put a blade on the emperor's neck.

but it wasnt the emperor's bad luck, it was that assassin's. just as the blade had landed on the emperor's neck, the shadow assassin was knocked dead. it was the power of the emperor passed down form generations to generation. a secret weapon of the Qu empire.  this power to kill any individual in an instant with just a thought also took away a lot of energy from a person but the emperor felt nothing as the assassin and the other shadow figures dropped dead around him.

then the whole palace was made aware of the assassination event.so the selection for the concubine was stopped and everyone was made to stay in their places. A search was issued to find any remaining assassins.

----

in a dark room, in the lowest level of the dungeons in the palace, six men were tied up and were suspending from their hands. those were the remaining assassins . all were unmasked and their mouths were stuffed with cloth to prevent them from taking their own lives.

it hadnt even been an hour since their capture but the assassins were already subjected to interrogation. the interrogator was none other than the infamous cold hearted general in all of Qu empire, general feng leng. the whole event for feng leng was stopped but for feng leng it was a success. 

for feng leng, this whole charade of choosing concubines was just to get to the enemy. feng leng had ended the years long war at the border but somehow always a new disturbance came in the border. and every time the enemy came back with twice the force.later, feng leng got the information that there was a traitor within the imperial court. so fighting in the border seemed futile to him. he wanted to take out the problem form its roots. so he talked with the emperor and formed a plan.

the emperor had taken up this opportunity about feng leng's marriage to his advantage. with further investigation, they got the information that an assassination was going to be planned by the enemy. and so they thought of giving the enemy an opportunity.  the event was perfect because though there would be tougher security, the assassins would be able to get through as all information was leaked via the traitor. and as the assassins got close, the traitor would also be closer to insure that the mission was a success.

so for the only reason of catching the enemy, feng leng had agreeded to the event. the emperor also wanted the enemy caught but the other motive was also to get his friend a wife. the emperor taught maybe if feng leng saw the beautiful ladies, he would be interested to marry but his expectations didnt meet reality. feng leng didnt even waver from his decision of not even taking a single concubine. 

the plan succeeded when the assassins reached the emperor. now all that was left, was to get the name of the traitor. with the methods of feng leng, the name got out with in an hour but what was left of the assassins in the blood stained room wasnt something that could be looked at with out bile coming out the mouth. and so two gaurds had gotten sick just from seeing the torture given to the assassins.

when the name got out, all were shocked. it was a name no one expected even the emperor. so any further actions were refrained before  investigation was performed for envidences. feng leng was done with his work as the rat had been identified. all the investigation was left to the emperor to handle. 

when feng leng was about to return home, the news came about an abduction. the news was delayed because feng leng was in the dungeons where no one was allowed in and out.  when fen leng got further details of the abduction, he came to know that it was actually jing yi who had been abducted.

and with that all hell broke loose. the change in feng leng in that second shocked every one. everyone knew that fengleng was a death god in the battlefield and how he would change when he met the enemies but the change in feng leng now, was nothing compared to the rumours which even sounded exaggerated. all moved back because of the death aura that fengleng was giving out.

A/n

Any suggestions are welcome for the story.
Please tell if there are any mistakes.
And thank you all if anyone has gotten to this chapter.

AND

👏👏and subscribe to pewdiepie😂😉