16

After the endless rain all through the night, morning had come. Feng leng woke up to find a small body latched to him. it was jing yi who had come to find comfort in feng leng's body heat later in the night. feng leng found it adorable which opposed to the usually shy jing yi.

jing yi woke up right then, and when he saw feng leng's bare chest  in front of his face, jing yi backed off to roll into a ball, hiding away the tomato-red face that he came to have. And now feng leng couldnt stop laughing out loud because of how adorable jing yi looked. Jing yi peeked out to see why feng leng was laughing, but the unprecedented meeting of the eyes made jing yi want to never look up again, adding up to the redness even to his neck. seeing jing yi would never get up on his own, feng leng turned jing yi towards himself and pried to see jing yi's face, which jing yi strictly resisted to.  seeing that he wouldnt easily face jing yi ,feng leng started kissing jing yi on the hands that were covering his face.

feeling the unforeseen kiss on his hand, jing yi peeked through his hands due to surprise. and right at that moment, feng leng grasped jing yi and pulled the kiss that he had been waiting for. the strong and sensual kiss contrasted from the soft and light former kiss on his hands. and with that jing yi was capable of doing nothing but to embrace the love that responded through the kiss. the love that he waited for nearly all his life. the proof of his existence having a meaning. the action that declared that he had found all that he ever wanted.

the kiss ended not leading them where they both wanted it to. the shyness that jing yi felt lighten after the confidence that he got from fengleng kiss. he was finally his.

returning home, everyone was worried for the beauty. but seeing her safe with the general, all were rejoicing except one. that person being the newly appointed maid. she was sure to deliver the news to her true master. 

at night when everyone had slept the maid called out her trained bird and attached a letter to its leg. so the bird flew and landed no where other than the arms of yu yan. she had been waiting for the good news of the death of her enemy all day.

her personal guard not returning didnt even concern her. all that she could think of was the death of the general's alleged lover. and by confirming the good news, she was all set to take over her place beside the general.

but what she found out in the letter was the cause of her another outrage greater than before. at the end of it, amongst the destroyed room and two of her maids dead in the middle of all the chaos created by yu yan, she made a promise that the death of the general's lover was going to be by her own hand.

back in the residence, jing yi stood near the door, already having prepared the bed for the general to sleep in. but the general was late because he had to report back to the emperor as soon as he returned. hence jing yi hadnt met feng leng since they returned. 

jing yi decided to wait for feng leng right in the garden where he usually waited for him. but just as he turned he bumped into feng leng and as he was about to fall back , feng leng quickly pulled him towards him and embraced jing yi in his arms. 

"be careful." fengleng said smiling . "but i will catch you if you fall." he said near jing yi's ear making jing yi blush from the mere contact.

" yess.. uhh.. your bath has been ready. ahh.. the water must be coldnow . i.. i will go prepare a hot bath for you." jing yi tried to excuse himself but failed to escape from the embrace.

" yeah okay.  but lets take the bath together."feng leng smirked and jing yi got red all over.

"uh.. that .. i can..not.."jing yi said looking down trying to find a way out.

but seeing jing yi shaking from being nervous , feng leng thought that he needed to take it slow with him.

"okay but next time , you cannot refuse."with that feng leng left to take a bath after pulling off his top right infront of jing yi. seeing which jing yi turned around as fast as he could.

jing yi waited for fengleng. and as he came back from the bath, jing yi excused himself for the night. but before he could turn feng leng grasped his wrist ,"no, stay with me."

"from today on, this is our room."feng leng stated. and tapped the spot next to him in the bed.

jing yi hesitated but seeing the urnest look on feng leng's face, jingyi nodded and came to lay beside feng  leng. he didnt face feng leng because he knew he couldnt by how fast his heart was beating. he didnt want feng leng to see how nervous he was. but the redness in his neck gave away to feng leng. 

so feng leng turned jingyi towards him and pecked his forehead. "dont be nervous, i am yours now." jing yi nodded and smiled . jing yi still couldnt believe how the dream he once had, had now turned into reality . jing yi thanked his mother and the god that looked after him for the blessing. 

feng leng then tapped jingy i's head gently, trying to make jing yi feel as comfortable as he could and then both fell asleep.

when morning came, the emperor has summoned feng leng.  

in the emperor's study,  "it seems that this is deeper and more corrupted than we thought it was.the name we got was of the left minister's right hand man, official wang yi. but through the investigation, no links were found of the left minister being involved in this treason." the king said infront of feng leng and his other two trusted officials.

"i believe that the left minister needs to be kept under house arrest. he has previously been involved in many misconducts which were ruled out for being minuscule. but this time the crime is grave." the imperial secretary advised. 

before anyone could say anything  a informant came straight inside without knocking,

"i deserve grave punishment for interrupting the heavenly emperor but the news seems to be of great urgency."

the emperor though angered at the irreverent informant, quickly ordered," what is it that made you this hurried?"

" a spy has been caught. and the spy was clothed in the former second prince's crest."