21

In the empire of yuan, the head eunuch entered into the emperor's study to deliver a message. the message implied about the advancements made in the Qu empire and how it was soon that the left minister was soon to be caught. The message was to ask permission for the next step in the plan to be commenced. Given the situation , emperor yuan gave the orders for the next step of the plan.

emperor yuan smiled seeing how the year-long conspiracy was going to come to its end. his army was ready to go on any battle and he himself had devoted himself in accomplishing the purpose of this mission.

He still remembered the day how he had come to meet Xiao shu. and how he had made the resolve to take down the Qu empire.

The emperor of Yuan himself had just reached his 13th summer, while on an expedition with his father , the imperial army had caught some slave traders. While in the process of liberating the slaves, the young crown prince then had come to see Xiao Shu. he was smaller than the crown prince and malnourished. Even with the ragged clothing and untidy appearance, somehow the crown prince had not been able to take his eyes off of the small guy. The small guy though weak, had a refined aura about him. Despite the circumstances the guy was in, he had not backed away from defending others. He was not afraid to voice his thoughts about any injustice.

It was an impulsive decision, but the crown prince had decided to take the small fellow under his wing, just to make his journey a bit more interesting he had thought.

the crown prince had let xiao shu into the imperial palace. Despite opposition from the head eunuch, the crown prince had made xiao shu his playmate of sort. he was to attend to the crown prince's every need and comply with any wish the crown prince made.

as days went on, and years seemed to pass. the small guy had come to become his close confidant. Though silent and reserved, and also cold most of the time, Xiao Shu had come to be very close to him. the crown prince had come to adore the little guy, xiao shu was always honest and truthful in front of him, even in situations that were not in favour of xiao shu himself. it seemed like nothing could break through the little guy's wall, even in the prospect of severe beating , xiao shu never let his emotions get the better of himself.

and the crown prince had to see the wall break.

The wall broke when the crown prince had been hurt on a hunting trip. an arrow had been struck near his heart, from an assassin.

After being unconscious for a whole day, the crown prince woke up in his royal chambers. when he moved, he felt xiao shu right at the side of his bed, sleeping with his head on the bed, hand tightly holding the crown prince's, tear streak clear on his face.

feeling the crown prince movie, xiao shu woke up. seeing the new light in his life come back to him, xiao shu let go of his fear and stress. The tears came rushing out. He held the hand more tightly , thanking the gods for granting his request.

The cold and reserved Shu had let go of himself and forgotten about the wall he constantly kept up.

xiao shu had never forgotten his past and even in xiao shu's new found world he hadn't been able to forget. but the crown prince had lent him a hand in his darkness. the crown prince had been his only light.

Since that incident , their bond has grown more and more. 

Yu yuan, the left minister's daughter, had thrown another tantrum. She had again broken down everything in her room and at the end, attempted suicide with a broken glass. But the servants had been proficient enough to save her. She had never thought her family would come to be kept under house-arrest under the suspicions of treason. With the recent events, the bubble she lived in had popped. Her deepest desire to wed feng leng had come to be impossible, even the fate of her family seemed deem.

All her anger lied to only one person. The person that had taken away her dreams from her. And who had now taken her place in Fengleng's life. Yu yuan couldn't forget the humiliation and the misfortune her family had come to face after jing yi came into her life. Jing yi had taken it all from her. And if she didn't live to be with Feng leng nor would he.

In all these days of despair, yu yuan smiled for the first time thinking of how the threat to her life will be wiped out from the world and that would be her revenge