8

jing yi's new life in the palace as the great general's personal maid begins.

the general with jing yi moves to his own residence, just at the outskirts of the capital. when feng leng arrives at his courtyard, jing yi who is following right behind is shocked by the amount of servants greeting the general. jing yi becomes muddleheaded to find that this much people were servants to a single household. feng leng ignores the bowing servants and walks straight to his room and jing yi follows him. when the servants notice a new person beside their master , they all stretch out their heads to get a glimpse of the mysterious person who wasnt introduced to them. the shy beauty right beside their master looks the perfect epitome of the goddesses that they couldnt even imagine of and the astonished expressions of the servants doesnt go unnoticed by the general.

arriving at feng leng's room, feng leng points the room annexed to his own, and says, "that's your room. you will be staying near to me so that you can come when ever i call you." the room was originally for the head eunuch but as the head eunuch already has a room in the servants house , the room was unoccupied. jing yi moves to check out the room and finds that the room is simple yet subtly decorated which he finds to be too good to be true compared to his house in the woods. he smiles happily towards feng leng and sincerely comments his thanks, not knowing how much that smile of his is affecting the general.

feng leng moves his gaze away from the beauty before getting more entranced. he coughs lightly and calls the head maid through whom he assigns a maid for jing yi , which he explains by saying that jing yi wouldnt be able to handle all the work so a assistant maid was given to help him. jing yi also doesnt intend to refute so he keeps quiet and simply nods his head.

as his duties are still unclear jing yi asks about them to feng leng but feng leng only replies by saying that "you dont need to do anything unless i tell you to." jing yi slightly bend his head sideways as he doesnt get why he has no fixed duties and frowns upon feng leng. as feng leng sees how adorable jing yi looks , he cant help but again move his gaze quickly away and says "just follow me wherever i go." he just then remembers how the servants looked at jing yi , and because of the unreasonable jealousy that he felt he adds " uh.. and also wear a mask from now on." leaving jing yi again confused he moves to his study.

feng leng is doing his paperwork in his study while jing yi starts to explore the study. living with in the woods for all his life made jing yi become fascinated with almost every thing that he layed his eyes on. he took a strange glass filled with sand. he looked around it but couldnt understand its use. he jerked it but still nothing. seeing the curious beauty wracking his head at the hourglass, feng leng cant help but smile at the cute gestures.

"it's an hourglass. it measures the passage of time."

shocked by the sudden explanation , jing yi jerks up and almost loses the hourglass preventing the fall. jing yi turns around to feng leng and says" oh!".

just like that jingyi shifts to the next object. and the curiosity gets satiated by feng leng each time.

at dinner time, feng leng makes jing yi eat with him. by then, the rumour of a celestial beauty spreads out to all of the people in the generals residence . and so when the maids serve the dinner, everyone's eager to see the beauty. but cold water pours on their expectations when they saw the veil on the beauty's face. noticing the disappointment feng leng smirks.

seeing jing yi eat, feng leng gazes on and then unconsciously wipes off a bit of food on jingyi's lips and eats it ,which leaves the still present maids with their mouths open with shock and which rises up another rumour in the general's residence, about how the ever stone heart-ed great general who never doted on any of his concubines brought a lover home, of celestial beauty blessed by gods.

--------------------------

"so that scoundrel brought home a beloved! seems like someone could actually get into that stone heart. lets see how long these days last for him." a figure said with a smirk, as another bowed near him after having delivered the message from a spy.

AN

haaha.. feels good to get 1k reads to begin this year. surprised to see my dumb writing to get this much reads.

but honestly  with ancient chinese and bl , any lame novel would get readers pouring in.