Connor Rhodes x Nurse!Reader

It was one of those days in the ER, so many patients and not enough doctors. You were a nurse rushing around, helping Doctor Manning at the beginning of the day, now you were helping Doctor Halstead, when you were called away to help with stitches for another patient. "Hello, I'm your nurse Y/N, and I'm going to help stitch you up today." There was a deep chuckle and you looked up from your file, "Hello again, Jay." He laughed, "Good to see you too, Y/N."

"What happened here?"

"Jumped through a glass window to catch a suspect. Impressed?" You shrugged, "While I like tall, dark and handsome, I'm not interested in you. Sorry, Jay." He shrugged, "Your loss." You laughed and began stitching him up. "You tell Rhodes, you like yet." You glanced up at him shocked. "Hey, I'm a detective it is my job to notice these things." You shrugged, "Haven't found the time to tell him, I guess."

"Yeah, right. You're just scared that he doesn't like you." His blue eyes searched yours. You sighed and finished the stitches. You filled out the paperwork and made sure he knew what to do with his stitches. Jay stood and grabbed his jacket, he leaned down and whispered in your ear, "You should tell Rhodes you like him." He kissed your cheek and left, he talked to his brother for a few moments before he left the ER, you watched him leave. At the doors you saw Connor watching you, there was an emotion lingering on his features that you couldn't identify.

You handed the paperwork over to Maggie, "What was that with Detective Halstead?" She questioned with a knowing smirk, "Nothing we're just friends."

"Didn't look like it." Doris muttered as she headed to Trauma One. You shrugged. "I like someone else." That got Connor's attention, he was subtly attempting to eavesdrop, but Maggie knew he was there even if you hadn't noticed him. "Who is then?" You shook your head. "Ethan?"

"No Maggie, and do I really have to talk about this now?"

"Yes. Just tell me it's not the Troll." You chuckled, "No, I don't like the Troll."

"Thank god, so Rhodes, then?" You stiffened, and she smirked, "I knew it."

"Yeah, I like Rhodes, haven't told him yet." Maggie shrugged, "I wouldn't bet on that, sweetie." Your brow furrowed, and you began to walk to another trauma room to help Halstead who yelled for you. Maggie turned to Rhodes, "I know you heard that and I want you to know that if you hurt her, I will hurt you. Okay?" She gave him her patented, terrifying stare. He nodded worried slightly.

You spent the rest of the day helping Halstead with his patients. During one of the few breaks you had, you had coffee with Natalie and Rhodes. They were discussing their first kiss, "What about you, Y/N?" You smiled and recounted the story of your first kiss, "Dude had no idea what he was getting into."

"Arrogant much?" Rhodes questioned. "Just a little." You smirked in reply the pair of you had failed to notice Natalie had slipped out after the end of your story. You got up to leave, "Hey, Y/N. Do you want to get a drink after shift with me?" You smiled, "Yes, I would love to." His face split into a wide grin.

At the end of shift, you and Connor walked out of the front doors, there was snow swirling around. A few specks made their home in your hair. Connor looked at you and smiled softly, he loved the way the snow appeared to be diamonds in your hair. You glanced over your shoulder and smiled at him, he would have stopped the world if meant you would smile like that at him again. He knew it was cliché, but he didn't care, all he wanted at this moment was for you to smile at him like at every day of the rest of his life. He didn't notice he was staring at you until you called his name several times, cliché again he knew but all he wanted to do was kiss you right now. "Connor, you alright?"

"I want to kiss you." Connor sighed. "So, do it, then." He dipped his head down and brushed his lips against yours gently at first but once he started he felt that he couldn't stop, he added more pressure to the kiss. Savouring the feel of your lips against his, he pulled you closer to his body. Needing air, the pair of you parted, you didn't move far from each other there was a breath of air between you and your lips quivered. Connor pulled away slightly and let his eyes scan your face. He took a shaky breath, "Wow, you were right, I had no idea." You both took another breath, "How about dinner?" He asked with a soft smile curving his lips up. You nodded, Connor led you away from the entrance of Med and towards his car.