Peni Parker x Male!Electro!Reader

Requested by Puppet198463

Peni stared in shock at the smoking remains that sat just outside of her school, you were laying in the middle of the burnt-out carter, unconscious. Small sparks of what appeared to be electricity danced around you for a few moments before they struck you, you woke with a gasping cough. Peni ran forwards, SP//DR following. You sat up looking around wildly. As soon as Peni's finger touched you, a spark of electricity hit her and her small body sailed through the air, SP//DR leaped up and caught the falling hero. Once she was back on her feet and made sure she was unhurt, Peni ran over to your figure. She didn't touch you this time, she made soothing noises and told you to take deep breaths.

Peni took you to her hero friends, you took shuddering breaths, suddenly there was a flash of bright light. Electricity which looked similar to lighting strikes flashed around the room, everyone took cover, SP//dr covered Peni. The assault soon stopped, and everyone looked up from their respective hiding spots. Each member was shaking, scared, they hadn't seen anything like this before. They tried other methods of testing what had happened, why and what could be done. Each time it was like they had set off a Tesla coil the way the electricity bounced around the room.

You had learned to mostly control your power, you no longer shocked those who got too close or those who touched you. Peni sat beside you, SP//dr wasn't too far away, ready to protect her, "how are you?" You shrugged, sniffing. Peni tested the waters before saying "I think there may be a cure, if that's what you want?" Peni stood, placing her hand on your shoulder, "Think about it." She skipped off, SP//dr following.

Shortly after Peni left, you flickered the news on. It was reporting on Peni fighting VEN#m, it didn't appear to be going well, you raced to the other heroes but found a note instead. Gone for mission in space, be back whenever. You sighed and grabbed the costume that Aunt May had made for you in case you ever decided to become a hero alongside Peni. You dressed quickly in black pants, and a black top with small streaks of electricity dashing throughout. You fingered the masked that would cover your eyes. You had discovered that with your powers you could use the electricity to move faster as long as you followed a grounded connection similar to a phone line.

You arrived with a massive amount of electricity dancing throughout the fight, taking out some of the henchmen. It looked akin to lighting flashing across the sky. Everyone stopped. Peni grinned at you. Soon the fight was back in swing, you helped Peni, protecting her throughout the whole fight. You realised through the fight that you wanted to show that you weren't a monster, you also wanted to show Peni that you loved her.

VEN#m stared at you, "Who are you?" You grinned rolling your head from shoulder to shoulder before grinning at him. "Don't you know?" You paused, and with a wicked grin. "I'm Electro." Peni grinned and you shot electricity, while Peni used SP//dr to take down VEN#m down.

Once you got back to your place, you sat with Peni on your bed, SP//dr in the corner of the room. You held your mask loosely by the tips of your fingers. Peni handed you a box, opening it you saw it was the cure. "I was trying to it too you when VEN#m attacked. You smiled and placed the mask on your pillow. You took the box and placed it between you, Peni looked at you confused before you slide one of your hands to cup her face. She smiled, and you both leaned in, you hovered for a few moments before Peni leaned in more and you closed the distance. She pulled away from the kiss and your hands dropped into your lap. You both looked at the cure. "It's your choice, Y/N."