Chapter 5: Ice cubes

Blitz's P.O.V.

Well, uh...shit. I'm in a very uncomfortable conversation with my sister, Diane. "Hey, Bro? Who is that girl you talk to a lot? Is she your girlfriend?" She asked. "1: That's Callie. 2: NO." I grouched. All I wanted to do was drink some hot chocolate, but Diane keeps bugging me about my life. As much as I wanted to be born an only child, Diane is just trying to get her mind off of the things that trouble her by bugging me, so I guess it's okay. "Diane... I just wanna drink my hot chocolate!" I whined. Diane pouted, then walked off. "A little peace never hurt anybody." I said quietly to myself.

No one's P.O.V.

"Mike, hurry up!" Jewel called as Mike struggled to keep up with her. "Jewel? Why are we running in such cold weather?" Mike whined. "Because we have no time to lose-" Jewel was cut off as she suddenly sneezed, freezing the air around her, and the frozen air falling to the ground as icicles. "Jewel are you okay?" Mike asked as she shivered. "I feel.... really cold." Jewel said as she sneezed again. "Wear my jacket!" Mike offered as he exposed himself to the cold air. Jewel gladly accepted the jacket, but she didn't feel any warmer. "I still feel really cold." Jewel gasped as her body heat temperature dropped. "Hey Mike- oh my Cod! What happened to Jewel?" Callie gasped as she saw the weakened girl. "I don't know! Her body heat keeps dropping!" Mike said, concerned. "I'm fine! I just need to get a little warmer!" Jewel said as she weakly held her hand out. "Here. Hold mine." Callie offered as she started heating up her hand. Jewel took her hand, but flinched. "OW! That's too hot!" Jewel cried as she yanked her hand back. "C'mon! We'll get you to school." Mike and Callie started carrying Jewel to school.

"Jewel. Wake up." Mrs.Gira said. Jewel slowly opened her eyes. There were ice crystals stuck to her cheeks and eyelashes, where tears were originally. "What happened?" Jewel asked. Mrs.Gira explained how it happened with the story. "So I can control Ice?" Jewel asked again. Giran nodded. "That's cool!" She smiled, then closed her eyes. "I don't feel so good." She said as she pulled the blanket over herself. "That's because your body temperature is now 89.6°, Jewel." Giran stated. Everyone looked at Giran with astonishment. "Can I sleep?" Jewel groaned. "Um. Sure." Giran smiled, then looked at Callie and Mike. "You two may leave now." Mike nodded and left. "Giran? I have something to ask you." Callie said as a shadow passed over her face. "What happened to the 11th Kingdom?" Giran flinched. "Well, they died before the Last Battle. I don't know if they had a descendant or not." Giran explained. "How did you know?" "Research." Callie answered blankly. "What type were they?" Callie asked. "Magic. They have access to all types." Giran said. "Thanks for clearing things. Bye!" Callie giggled and waved as she left like nothing ever happened.

Callie walked through the hallway thinking when she saw Rose coming her way. "Umm.. I'm sorry for how I acted on Friday. Can you forgive me?" She said innocently as she rubbed her hands together shyly. "Well, you should give everyone second chances, so sure!" They shooked hands as they made up. "Maybe we can be friends too." Rose pointed out. Callie was okay with this, so she nodded. "Uh-huh! Now let's go Rose, or we'll be completely late!"

Rose's P.O.V.

Ahahahah! She fell right into the trap! Now I can get closer to that boy, ruin their relationship, and take him for myself! I know this is going to work.