Prologue 前 전

2019.07.18, Thursday
0317hours

“Don’t”

3.17am. That’s the time you see on the bedside clock. You’re trying to fall asleep, lying in the arms of a man.

Said man startles at your voice, thinking that you had already fallen asleep. After all you were the one who suggested sleeping early.

You had felt him staring at you as the both of you hold each other close, seeking comfort and assurance from each other.

No, this thing between the both of you is not sexual, neither is it romantic, despite what others think. Actually, just despite what the boys thought. You kept your own private life, well, private, so no one in your life actually knows what goes on in your life.

“Yoonz, don't even think about it.”

“What?”

“How to fix me. Don't deny it, I know you’re thinking it. I’m telling you stop. I’m damaged, and too broken. So don't even try, or I’m going to stop coming here.”

You feel him staring at you, so you rest your chin lightly on his chest, careful not to hurt him. You know in your heart, that Yoongi needed this as much as you even though you were the one who started this off. The comfort that you offer to each other has become essential for the both of you for the sake of your mental health. So he shuts up and looks away, pulling you tighter to his form. He huffs in annoyance, both at the fact that you can read him so well knowing what he’s thinking, and knowing full well that you will indeed act on your words. After all, you have done it before.

He wraps both arms around you, warmth encircling you, as though this temporary healing balm will eventually save you. He knows full well you’re hurting, only not knowing from what.  You do the same, but in your heart, with your uncanny intuition of his thoughts, you knew better.

It won't.