Nine 九 구

2019.09.20, Friday
1219hours

"Y/N~~~~~"

"Yes, Sun Hee?"

"Why can't I find someone nice to date...?"

The rest of your colleagues giggle at this Friday lunch routine as your youngest teammate laments about how desperately single she is.

"Do you have someone to introduce to me?" Sun Hee quips across the table.

"No. If I did, I'd already be with that guy. Pfffffft. Just turn off your filter. I swear you're so oblivious that you don't even know when someone is interested in you." Jihye teases

The rest of them hums in response, each reciting the times that Sun Hee had been oblivious to charms and advances of others or even the happenings in office.

"See? It's not just me. And it applies to other stuff too." you smirk at her.

She starts pouting but suddenly perks up, her aura literally shining around her as she directs her gaze back at you. You're suddenly anxious, as something pricks at the back of your neck, knowing she's up to nothing good.

"Y/N~ are the boys single?"

"The boys?" you repeat her words distracted by your food.

"You know~ the Bangtan boys. -wink wink-"

"I can't tell you anything about them. You know that."

"One of them is bound to be single. Y/N please, introduce them to me?"

"No. I'm way too protective of you and them. You really think you can handle whatever comes with them?"

"But you seem to handling it well. Why not me?" Sun Hee pouts at you.

"What are you talking about?" your brow raises at their insinuation.

"You and Min Yoongi, of course. Aren't the both you dating?" Do Hee speaks up curious at the direction this conversation is going.

"What? No!"

"But the last time he came to find you... he was so anxious and worried. It didn't seem anything platonic. Trust me, I'm basically friendzoned all the time, I know platonic friendships. It's just that, Y/N, he was scared, as if he'll never see you again. He seemed... fragile." Jihye voices up.

"Besides, you're so close to him, like so comfortable, I've never seen you like that with anyone else. Not even us, it took us a while to get this close to each other. You're usually so guarded, that any other guy who so much as pries 20 sentences out of you hits their word limit with you. Yoongi is the only guy that I've ever heard about from you. And you talk about him. Even when the members are involved, it's always because of some antics with him." Do Hee adds on

"Plus, the things you do are like a couple. Spending days off together, you buy things for him thinking that he'd like it, he'd send food delivery for you on days you work overtime, buying your favourite perfume from overseas when it runs out here. You always going over to his place, constantly with him most of the time. How is it not a relationship?" Sun Hee just continues to pile on

"Well, I do those things for you guys too you know. Are we in a relationship with each other now? You wanna kiss me?"

Jihye laughs, "Ewww~ hahahah, I'd rather kiss my boyfriend. But seriously, just think about it, I've not seen any platonic friendship like this."

"Just because it's strange and out of the norm, doesn't mean that it isn't what I label it to be."

"I just feel like you should talk to him about this or at least think back on all the things you do and if it makes sense to you."s

You sit back to contemplate their words as the conversation goes on around you.

Yoongi scared? Of losing you? On the one hand, the girls have been known to be quite observant, which is also why you guys work well together. You read each others' energy and bounce off it. But the idea of Yoongi panicking over not seeing you again is plain perplexing.

The time the girls were talking about had been some time ago, which meant that your friendship with Yoongi was probably only about 6 to 7 months. It was not possible to have built a connection to that depth of him afraid of losing you. Maybe it was the skinship that developed the bond faster than usual but it would only have 3 months of that before you ran. You just can't wrap your head around it.

Before you can think about it more though, you spot a familiar figure out of the corner of your eye.

Seo Eun.