Thirteen 十三 십삼

2018.08.17, Friday
0338hours

Seo Eun left. You finally left him, but your heart still feels heavy.

Seo Eun has been one of your closest friends for the longest time. Ending the affair for all the reasons you listed, meant that you will never see him again. He has utterly flipped your world and your perspective upside down.

You can never trust a man with your heart again. You stare out the window, seeing Seo Eun looking back at you for the last time before he hops into a taxi as if expecting you to run back into his arms again.

You're almost tempted, but you keep reminding yourself why you are leaving him. He finally boards the taxi and it speeds off into the night.

That's when you finally allow your tears to flow. There was no one in the cafe to witness. Even if there was, it didn't matter. You need to grieve. Grieve over heartache, the loss of a lover, the loss of a best friend.

It starts to rain and the cafe turns cold. You have forgotten to bring your jacket, so you can only resort to huddling in your seat, curling your feet under you and wrapping your arms around you. You stay at the cafe, not wanting to go home. You don't want to go out in the rain, you don't want to go back to a place that is filled with all the moments you had with Seo Eun. You know you will never be able to fall asleep, cornered by memories. You're fine moping here at the cafe. You don't want to fall apart at home.

So you stay put. Your tears sometimes torrential, sometimes just quiet sobs. Sometimes you're just calm, your heart numb, your feelings locked away for the moment. They come and go, as you stare out the window, until the bell rings, signalling another customer.

Mild annoyance rings through you, not wanting a witness to the spectacle that you're currently displaying. You just want to wallow in self pity for now. Maybe forever, preferably alone. Maybe the other customer will stay downstairs.

Luck has never quite shined on you. So you're not exactly surprised to hear footsteps trudging up the stairs.

You see him through the reflection of the window, as he stops and stares in surprise about the presence of another person in the cafe at this ungodly hour. He is more startled by the fact that you're shivering not from the cold but from the sobs wracking through your body.

Saying that he is surprised is an understatement. Yoongi had been working on his music, and had hit a block. The recent schedules they've had were so intense that they have been driving him crazy. Their sudden catapult-like rise had him questioning what exactly in the hell is he doing? Outwardly he has always spoken about connecting with his fans, trying to help them through their tough times, offer comfort. It was not about the accolades for them but the sake of doing good. But amidst all of this, he wonders, at what price? He has lost his privacy and freedom. Was that worth it? Or was there another way for him to have worked this out? Or is there another purpose for him? After all, it would seem that he has achieved all he wanted and more.

What next?

This feeling of unsettlement weighs heavy on him, even as he feels the ground being swept away under his feet. It makes him weary.

He can't seem to bring himself to talk to the members, they're still being awestruck by what has happened or is happening to them, reveling in the heights of their careers and have yet to come down from that high. So in that, he has this sense of loneliness, unable to confide in them.

-Maybe I need to talk too Bang PD-nim. He could help offer some insight or something.-

He heaves a sigh and had gone out, hoping that a walk will clear his mind, at least for the night so he can still work on his music. That plan turned awry when he felt droplets on his head. The droplets grew and turned into a downpour and he spent the last of his energy running to the nearby cafe he knew was open 24 hours. He also knew that it would be safe there, from the prying eyes of paparazzi, seeing that it is a franchise branch from Jin's girlfriend's coffee place. Curiosity courses through him, wondering why a woman would be at a cafe, crying her eyes out, at 4 in the morning no less.

He wonders what is your story but he still respected personal space and privacy. After all, if he were in your position, he definitely wouldn't want anyone around to see this happening. He chooses the seat furthest from you and goes about his business, picking out a book to read to while away his time as the rain pours down outside.