Eighteen 十八 십팔

2019.09.30, Monday
2221hours

It is time to put things in to motion. You asked to be put on a long-ish term business trip and it took a while to get approved as you needed your boss to volley for you to back you up.

You got the approval early last week. And so, you began to set things in motion, slowly bringing your stuff home on the pretext of how some of the items needed washing, others because you had run out of home or them being the replacements on the pretense that said item is damaged at home, leaving behind only the barest of essentials to make it not seem like you're leaving for good.

In a week's time, at this moment, his room suddenly looks so much barer and monochromatic than before. It's time for the final leg of your plan. Telling Yoongi about the trip.

"Yoonz, looks like I have another business trip lined up."

"Where will you be this time?"

"London, seems like I'm going to be sent there with my team to evaluate an up and coming design house and see if it's viable to sign a contract with them. To bring them into the APAC market."

"Sounds like you're gonna be gone a long time."

"Yeah, probably around 3 weeks? I might extend it a bit though, explore a bit."

"You'll be gone so long. And you'll be busy too."

"Well, yeah, that's generally how work trips usually are like. It's coming to the end of year, you guys will also be busy right? After the break, practices will be ramping up for the end of year shows and awards season."

"Yeah..."

Yoongi is sitting on the edge of the bed, waiting for you to get onto the bed. And you do get on the bed to your side of it, and wrap your arms around him as you sit behind him.

"Promise me this, take care of yourself. I know how you are when you get all busy. Remember to eat and get as much sleep as possible. Take the supplements I got for you as well."

"Hey it's not like I won't be texting or calling you. When I see you next, I'll still be in one piece, don't worry."

You can only smile and agree half heartedly as you put your chin on his shoulder, sighing.

Yoongi not knowing that these are the final words that you'll say to his face. He doesn't know that you don't intend to see him ever again. So Yoongi, not knowing your real and exact intention, who thinks that you are worried about him, sets out to ease them, shifting and then pulling you onto his lap so that he can look you in the eye.

"Hey, don't worry about me. I can take care of myself, I've survived this long. You, on the other hand, I'm more worried about. You are equally bad at taking care of yourself. You never sleep well on your own and you always forget to eat."

"Now that you don't have to worry about, travelling always takes a lot out of me. I'll knock out the moment my head hits the pillow. You know like this," you say as you proceed to put your head on his shoulder and pretend to sleep.

There is something about you that is making Yoongi think something is up. You're usually not so needy. He wonders if he should voice it out and ask you if something is wrong but he's hesitant, not wanting to pry. He has noticed that you do open up to him a bit more seeing that you offer more information about yourself, you tell him your troubles, you tell him about the happenings of your day, what made you smile and such. You've started to talk to him when something troubles you. But it's not until you're ready that you do so.

So instead, he just laughs off your cuteness and struggle to pry you from his form.

"Yah, I'm not your pillow."

"Nope, you're my bolster." playfully moving your legs to wrap around him.

"Aigoo!"

The both of you fall onto the bed, and you hold him closer.

"I have an early start tomorrow and then it's a crazy week, leading up to the trip. Time to sleep."

You can feel him relax and soothingly rub your back up and down. He softly mumbles an 'Okay' and you snuggle more into his form. You're usually not this needy, but you know that this will be the last time you will ever get to hold him like this. You just want to hold on to this moment as tightly and closely to your heart as possible.